Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section

Brian Smith

Currently I am working on a project that was written by someone else originally during My company's JDE implementation.
I've been asked to change the reports. In doing so I found I needed to create my own Business View since for whatever reason Sales Order Detail or Sales Order History did not have an index that begins with LITM.
So, being the lazy programmer I am, I copy the current business view and create my own. I then change the sections within the UBE to refer to my new Business View using the Business View Director. I then go through recreating all of the field references that got destroyed from changing my Business View.

Long story short, now when I try to run my project I get the following as output.

No Data Selected
ERROR:
Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section: SO Detail History Union For CSI By Part Number

Any suggestions you have as to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried opening with data browser. That should be good first test of your businessview.

Brian,

Welcome to JDEList.

You don't mention you JDE installation details - this can be at least handy in providing help and at most critical. See my signature below for an example.

The best help that I can provide is to run the report with JDE debugging on and extract the SQL statement. That will tell you why you are not getting any data returned.

Hi Brian,
may be deleting your table specs will solve this issue.
Thanks

Thanks for the response.
My Application is E810, Release 8.13.
Thanks for the tip.

Hi Brian,
[ QUOTE ]
So, being the lazy programmer I am, I copy the current business view and create my own.

[/ QUOTE ]
... and it bites you. You copied a Union business view, and modified to ... what type of bsvw?
Please create a proper new bsvw; it takes only one click on one button, Brian
smile.gif

Welcome to THE JDEList.

That isn't really the point. In any other environment such an action would work. I copied the Union business view to a custom Union business view. The JDE bv did not have an available index I needed.

Brian,

Were you able to extract the SQL from the debug log? If so did it help?

Brian,

1. Business Views don't have indices. Tables have indices.

2. I may be wrong about this but I seem to recall that the existing Sales Order Business Views with joins use a method for table join that JDE no longer uses/supports. The SO views are "grandfathered" but the method for defining joins for new views is different than than what you see in the legacy SO views. This may be part of what's tripping you up by copying one of these views.

3. My suggestion. Use the existing JDE view.

You mean to say the JDE BSVW did not have the FIELD you wanted.
No problem, just add it to the existing view.

Back