Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section

DavidHuang

DavidHuang

Hi all,

In 8.11 SP1, I created a customized business view, joined F30026 and F4102 by (ITM/F30026 - ITM/F4102) and (MCU/F4102 - MMCU/F30026). Then created a batch program base on that view. But the output on the PDF report was incorrect, as followings:

--------------------------
No Data Selected
ERROR:
Unable to locate table in specified datasource for section: Export Item Cost Component
---------------------------

I have checked, the data selected exist in the system.

But when I join F30026 and F4102 only by ITM, the PDF can show the selected data correctly.

This happened on server. But in the 8.11 standalone, both type of join work properly.

And in 8.0, I never saw this kind of error.

In knowledge garden, I find several cases having the same error message, but it's all with AS400. I don't know why and whether that can help.

We are on:

ERP8.11 SP1 and OS is WIN2003 Server
Tools Release 8.96 G1
SQL2005 SP1

Very appreciate it if you can advice.

Thanks,
David

David,

Try to run this on the server again, but turn logging on at level 6. Then look in there to see if a SQL statement appears, and hopefully this might give you a clue as to why it's not working there.

Hi DSauve,

It seems that we have resolved this issue.

Our database default collation is "Chinese_PRC_CI_AS". But our DBA found that the field 'MCU' in F4102 is "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS", and so far he only found this field was changed. After he modified the property of MCU, the error message disappeared and the output of the report is correct.

So far, DBA doesn't know why this happened. Do you have this kind of experience in the upgrade from 8.0 to 8.11?

Thanks,
David

Back