unable to copy a version

LBurroughs

I am unable to copy a version. If I attempt to copy a version everything appears to work but when you do a find the new one doesn't show up. I did check from the form menu dropdown to show all versions.

When I go into OMW I see the new version added to my default project but it say's object does not exist.

Thanks for any thoughts on this one.

Larry Burroughs
Dewberry & Davis
[email protected]
XE, SQL7, SP 14.1 Windows 2000, Update 1

Create a new project with the user as a developer and promote the project to
a status of 21, see what happens

I have some additional info I just found out. When logged onto either PY7333 or TS7333 and you copy a version it does not show up or give an error. As I said before the version will show up in OMW in your default project but it says Object does not exist.

I logged onto DV7333 to try this same thing and under BV I found the versions that were created while I was logged onto the other 2 environments. If I copy a version while logged onto DV7333 everything works fine.

Larry Burroughs
Dewberry & Davis
[email protected]
XE, SQL7, SP 14.1 Windows 2000, Update 1

Larry,

I suppose, you copied a Batch version not Interactive.

1.) Check the status of your default project.
2.) Check your user role in your default project.
3.) Check the Allowed Actions and Status Activity Rules for the project status and user role, put the focus onto UBEVER object type.

Maybe you can check out from the Knowledge Garden and examine the ott-00-0071 "Configuring Object Management Workbench for Batch Versions in B73.3 Xe" documentation.

The problem could be that the 21 Programing default project status is set up for DV7333 path code.

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back