UDC Sharing; UDC Row Security

Teri

In World db, you had the ability to allow a user access to maintain specific UDC tables. In E1 I understand it's UDC sharing or available using Row Security. Has anyone successfully setup security in E1 by role for specific UDC table? If so, please advise how. Thanks

Hi Teri,

You cant usually secure UDCs this way because row security is implemented using SQL statements on a particular file. (F0005). So if you apply row security to F0005 it will be applied irrespective of the UDC in question (F0004).

What exactly are you trying to do?

Hi Luke,
UDC tables are locked down to std users, so they are unable to add/change. Lets use UDC 01/26 for example. In World, I could grant authority to a user to this UDC table. They could maintain this specific UDC table but no others. There are some UDC tables that are not a risk. I am trying to understand how in E1, I can grant change rights to a single UDC. Hope that helps clarify?
Thank You

Hi Teri,

If you are on XE-8.0 or 9.0 or 9.1, you could add a UDC type task to the user's menu for a specific UDC and then use Column security to disable the “Product Code” (SY) and “User Defined Codes” (RT) fields for the P0004A application. For the other releases you would have to use versioning to set the “Product Code” and “User Defined Codes” to the appropriate values and again use Column security to disable the fields so they can only maintain particular UDC given to them by their menu structure.

Regards

Neal

Hi Teri,

Neal's reply looks like a good bet to me.

Cheers

Back