UDC in Crystal Reports

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
We are currently developing some custom reports in Crystal to complement our OneWorld system.

Does anyone know the best way to get a UDC description onto a Crystal Report? (i.e. the description from the F0005 table). The problem is the key field (alias KY) has a number of leading spaces which must be trimmed to provide a valid link.

The only way I can see to do this is to add a Subreport, but I want to include the field in a CrossTab and it seems like you can't include a Subreport field in a CrossTab.

Any ideas????

.....I've got a nasty feeling no-one knows what I'm talking about!!

Tim,

We use Crystal with JDEDirect here.
JDEDirect includes the UDC description as a field on your views, that makes it very easy...
It also converts Julian Dates and manages the decimal position for numerics.

Hope this helps

Regards

Philippe

--- TimPierce <[email protected]> wrote:

One World XE SP18 AS400

Tim,

We use Crystal Reports against our Oracle database. We handle UDC tables by creating an Oracle view for each UDC definition we use -- I'm attaching a sample of the view creation script we used for creating a UDC view for the Planning Code field values. In addition, we grant access as appropriate to these views. Note we didn't create views for all UDC's -- just those that are used by people writing Crystal Reports.

Hope this helps a bit in your environment.

Code:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW Planning_Code_F0005_VIEW (
Planning_Code_DRKY ,
Description_DRDL01 ,
USER_ID_DRUSER ,
PROGRAM_ID_DRPID ,
DATE_UPDATED_DRUPMJ ,
WORK_STATION_ID_DRJOBN ,
TIMELASTUPDATED_DRUPMT )
AS SELECT
SUBSTR(LTRIM(DRKY),1,1),
DRDL01,
DRUSER,
DRPID,
DRUPMJ,
DRJOBN,
DRUPMT
FROM F0005
WHERE
DRSY='H41' AND DRRT='MP'
WITH READ ONLY;

Philippe and Don,

Thanks for the help, I'll investigate both of suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Tim.

Back