UDC Compare per 2 environments in E1

johndanter

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi List

We were thinking of doing a PROD down UDC refresh into PY and UT, but we have several OMW project mid SDLC.

Thankfully this refresh has been stopped but is there a tool in E1 to identify these UDCs off the bat?

Reading this it suggest R960004 (R960004N for 9.1)

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24705_01/doc.91/e24260/compare_tools.htm#EOTSU155

Now I've run the UBE but don't really understand what it's showing me or how to use it as the UDCs it lists are the same and the differences I do know about are not listed as issues of concern.

Any help would be great

Thanks

John

PS: The issue is we have added loads of UDCs straight into PROD rather than from PY up

Hi John,

I'm old-school. Generally, I use ObjectBrowser to export the UDCs from each environment, then Beyond Compare to identify the differences. I know - Archaic.

Biggest obstacle - what is really a valid UDC? For instance - E1 Ships with Demo/Standalone UDCs! Holy Grail, Batman - We've Spilled the Wine! What type of product ships with dummy data (oh, this one does)... Yeah, that's a bit of an ankle byter for me....

One work around, for your situation - any work in progress, demote that project prior to the data copy. Then, after the data copy - re-promote the UDCs. I hope that idea makes sense.

(db)

John,

I've never used R960004 or even seen it, so I can't speak to its benefit (or lack thereof).

I always use a SQL tool. Much easier, quicker, and more flexible if you save the queries for later use... IMO.

I generally just perform the following 2 queries to identify the diffs, depending on the type of difference you're looking for:

Code:
--
-- list of F0005 records in Env1 that are not in Env2
--

-- UNcomment-out the following insert line to insert missing records into Env2
-- insert into <fully qualified Env2 path>.f0005
select t1.*
from <fully qualified Env1 path>.f0005 t1
left outer join <fully qualified Env2 path>.f0005 t2
on t1.drsy = t2.drsy and t1.drrt = t2.drrt and t1.drky = t2.drky
where t2.drsy is null

--
-- identify differences in UDC fields between 2 environments
--

select t1.DRSY, t1.DRRT, t1.DRKY, t1.DRDL01, t2.DRDL01, t1.DRDL02, t2.DRDL02
--, t1.drsphd, t2.drsphd, t1.drudco, t2.drudco, t1.drhrdc, t2.drhrdc
from <fully qualified Env1 path>.f0005 t1
join <fully qualified Env2 path>.f0005 t2
on t1.drsy = t2.drsy and t1.drrt = t2.drrt and t1.drky = t2.drky
where t1.drdl01 <> t2.drdl01 or t1.drdl02 <> t2.drdl02
-- or t1.drsphd <> t2.drsphd or t1.drudco <> t2.drudco or t1.drhrdc <> t2.drhrdc

Back