UDC 00/ST Subledger Type definitions

Devki

UDC 00/ST is the SubLedger Type definitions.
Definitions in this table checks the master tables for validations.
Example SBLT = “W” checks F4801 for valid Work Order Numbers similar to SBLT = “A” will validate F0101.
If I add UDC value “H” in 00/ST to validate a custom table say F55custom, I need to customize 2 BFSNs namely B000021 and X0909 so that validation will work.
Instead of customization of the 2 BSFNs I would like to use UDC “O” which is hard coded and validates F4201. I will than need to populate this table with values from an external table with external system’s Work Order Numbers. Simply because we are not using Sales Order module and do not foresee using this module in the near future.

I need to know, what the consequence is of using F4201 Sales Order Master File in this scenario.

We are on Xe Update 7 SP23_Z1 and on iseries DB2/400 with Citrix Clients
Thanks
Devki

Have you considered using subledger type "S"? JD Edwards has built in functionality for custom subledger values that are validated.

From your post, it looks like you want to validate against a list of numbers. The following steps assume that.

1) Create a new UDC definition in F0004, say 55/WO. Indicate whether or not you want to use the second description line, and indicate that the item is numeric.

2) Use P09070 to tie the new UDC table to the structured subledger.

3) Populate F0005 with the valid values.

When you use subledger type S on a transaction, the subledger value will be validated against the values in UDC 55/WO. If the value is not in UDC 55/WO it will be rejected.

You need to test to see exactly where the description line one from F0005 shows up. I cannot remember if it shows up on all forms and reports where the description of the "standard" (hard-coded) subledger types shows.

Brad

Back