UBEs containing SQL View Tables not running on AS400

jgrams

We have created several SQL views over tables on the AS/400. We are writing new UBEs and applications that use these SQL views. Applications seem to work fine, but we are having problems with UBEs. The UBEs run fine locally, but error out when running on the server (AS/400).

The error is, "Unable to load the requested Business View for V56PD010A". V56PD010A is one of our custom business views over the F56PD010 SQL view table. We get this same error message no matter what business view we use containing a SQL view table.

Does anyone know if it's possible to run UBEs using SQL view tables on the server? If so, what are we missing?

Jennifer,

most likely cause is that you have not promoted your OneWorld table definition objects for those views to the server.

2nd most likely culprit in my mind (I just found it today) is the user the job runs under on the server does not have access to the database/SQL views; either because of a database permissions issue or some other cause.

Regards,

Hi Larry,

Thanks for responding. We did promote our OneWorld table definition objects to the server for our views. We will look into the second thing you mentioned regarding user access on the server.

Thanks!

I agree with Larry's point #2. By default the view will not have sufficient permissions - you probably just need to "grant select on <lib>.<view> to public" in your sql script that did the "create view".

I, sort of, confir with Larry... BUT - a Gotcha.

When you run the UBE Locally - it logs onto the server with the same profile (usually) as a JDE Scheduled job would? Even though your scheduler looks like a different user - the submitted job (RUNUBE??) 'often' gets run as PSFT?

Generally speaking - make sure you Virtual Tables have the same authorities as the rest of the JDE files in their respective libraries

------

Some more things to check...
Try this in OMW:
* SAVE your File to the Save area
* SAVE your BSVW to the Save area
* Check-Out or GET the file from the Deployment server
* Check-Out or Get the BSVW from the Deployment server
* Run your UBE Locally
This way - you have a decent idea that the Local Specs and Deployment specs work.

Then:
* Check-in the file
* Check-in the BSVW
* Check-in your UBE
* Build a package with all the necessary objects.
* Deploy to your FAT Client and to the server
* Run Locally - what happens
* Run on Server - what happens?
This way you should be pretty sure that all specs are synced up and shiny clean. Tell your CNC guy to make 100% that all specs get packed and deployed without issues.

Report back - if the steps hurt or help

(db)

Hello List,

We have resolved this issue by moving the SQL view tables over to the control table libraries. The UBEs now run on the AS400 server.

Back