Ube Version XE

MIZ

WHEN I ADD OR COPY A NEW VERSION OF UBE STANDARD XE, THE SYSTEM CREATE TWO RECORDS OF f983051?

Version XE sp15
System Operation Windows NT
Database Microsoft SQL 7.0

perchè quando creo o copio una versione di un UBE std il sistema mi duplica le versioni?

MIZ

Hi Mizzi,

First of all, You Are Welcome on the JDEList Forums/Lists!

Lets begin with some questions:
1.) Do you use the shipped configuration of the Object Management in XE (mainly for UBEVER type)?
2.) In wich environment (basicly the Path Code of it interesting) have you Add/Copy the UBE Version? Was it different from DV7333?
3.) Where have you done the Add/Copy in the Object Management Workbench or in the Batch Versions application? In the first case, under what kind of project? The status of it is interesting, and its Check-In activity rule for UBEVER.
4.) Have you Checked-In the version?

Yes, XE with Object Management Workbench and with its configuration can handle UBE versions a bit strange.

Please, check-out the ott-00-0071 "Configuring Object Management Workbench for Batch Versions in B73.3 Xe." documentation from the Knowledge Garden.

At last, I copy a part of the mentioned documentation for you, here to the end of my reply. I am sure, you will find it interesting.
Please, let us know that the copied doc part could help you or couldn't. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!
Zoltán
=======================Copy Starts====================================
Batch Versions and Check-In Location
====================================
Batch Versions uses the OneWorld user's Default Project status to get the Object Transfer Activity Rules which tell OneWorld what path codes to transfer a UBE Version From and To. User's default projects start at a status 21 - Programming which by design only affects the Development Path Code when checking objects in and out. If I am in the production environment and I go into Batch Versions and create a new version and check it in, does it use the Object Transfer Activity Rules for the status 21 and only check my new version into the Development path code and not the Production path code?
There are “special” rules that apply to UBE Version object types that do not apply to any other object types. When a user is in Production, goes into Batch Versions, creates a new version and attempts to check it in, it would seem that the version would check into the Development path code since it uses the Activity Rules for Project status 21 from the Default Project.. Development added a feature for versions, when you go into Batch Versions and check a version in, the version will both:
· Check into the Path Code for the environment YOU ARE SIGNED IN TO, as well as
· Check into the Path Code as dictated by the Activity Rules for your Default Project status.
This means if you are in the Production environment, and your default project is set by the Constants to be at a status 21, when you go into Batch Versions and check a version in, the version will check into both the Production and Development path codes

Controlling Check-In Location.
==============================
What if I don’t want the version to check into my Development path code, I just want to check it into Production?
There is a way to set up your Activity Rules so that a version will only check into Production. The Check-In action will look at your Activity Rules for the Project Status that your default project is set at. In the Activity Rules for Status 21, Check-In will have a FROM and TO that tells OneWorld where to Transfer the object FROM and where TO. This is normally set to FROM Location – Local and TO Location – DV7333 for status 21. If you change both the FROM and TO location to LOCAL for object type of UBEVER, then when you check a version in from Batch Versions, the Version will check into ONLY the Path Code for the Environment you are logged into. You would set this Object Transfer Activity Rule in 21/21 if your Default Project is at a status 21 according to the Constant set in Object Management Configuration.
=======================Copy Ends======================================

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back