UBE Transaction Processing Quit Working

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
I have a UBE that is pretty simple. It calls a BSFN which does a bunch of stuff including writing to a log file. The only output/logic of the UBE is to print what is in the log file. The UBE has two modes via a proc option for proof and final. I have "Include in Transaction" checked on the BSFN call. As a last step of the UBE logic, if the UBE is in proof mode it rolls back the transaction, final mode commits. Simple enough.

UBE Logic Summary:
Report Header Do Event - Call BSFN that does all the work and writes results to log file. "Include in transaction" is checked
Report Section - lists contents of log created by BSFN
Report Footer Do Event - rollback/commit transaction based on proof/final mode proc option

This all worked in the dev and test (PY) environments!!!! When we promoted to production it didn't do anything in either proof or final (it still worked in DV/PY at this point). It acted like NO table I/O of any kind was happening. We did a data copy from PD to PY. I believe our CNC group does our data copy by restoring a PD DB backup to lower environments. After the DB copy, PY no longer worked. We then copied PD data to DV and it quit working in DV Again, it worked all during dev and testing, many iterations, many weeks. I debugged and saw that all the table I/O calls were still executing in the code so it wasnt a setup/logic/data content issue. I then unchecked the "Include in Transaction" on the BSFN and it all started to work, except for I effectively no longer had a proof mode because I can't roll back the transaction.

I am stumped. I don't even know where to start looking. It is almost like it is a database setting or something.

Brian,

What datasources did they copy from PD to PY (I assume this is in a single installation)? Did they copy the central objects and/or versions datasources (these may be the same)?

They copied business data and control tables. All JDE objects, code, config, etc. remained the same.

Found the culprit.

At the recomendation of Oracle we set the MS SQL Server Snapshot Isolation level with the following:

ALTER DATABASE JDE_Development SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON

This was just supposed to be a DB performance tuning thing and should not have had any effect on function. Obviously this wasnt true since it did in fact break my UBE. I can fix my custom UBE to accomodate, just wondering what else is broke...

I know this is an old topic, but just for clarity Oracle fully supports this mode for JDE on SQL server correct?

Back