UBE Fails in Server

marss12

Hi ALL

I have written an UBE which going to Populate Flat file based on table F0301.I gave processing option to specify the path where the file sh'd be written.Its working fine when i run locally but If run it on the server its not throwing any error and it run sucessfully but the flat file is not generated.
1.I gave the Path correctly
2.I am populating flat file as well as PDF so when i run it on the server PDF is giving excatly what i want but the flat file is not at all there (It means I am unable to find the flat file to the specified path even any where in my server)

I am on AS400 and ERP8.9

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem & posted the message yesterday, but I think I found soultion after trurning JDE Debugger on. I think you need to check where youre Business Function is getting executed...

Thanks & Regards,
ajit

How you are creating a Flat File? using BSFN our the UBE Database Output?
If you are using Unix, remember to use the Double \\ in the path command. Maybe the file is in the PrintQueue with the name "FullPath\Filename"

Hope this help.

When running on the AS400 you can not write flat file to network location. The AS400 doesn't know how to deal with the windows network folders natively. It requires some software and/or additional setup and I have never been to a client that has been able to get it to work.
|

To get round the issue of not being able to see windows directories from your iSeries you could set your UBE up so that once it's finished writing to your flat file you call a CL/RPG routine to ftp the file across your network.

Regards

Neil.

Hi

Im using an Custom C bussiness function which is similar to the existing JDE B0500025.I feel that there is no problem with the BF.I found that this kind of problem will occur when we use B0500025 function for that JDe is having an SAR 6284972.But in my case even i trided with SAR but my Efforts r veined.

Thanks for ur response ,still i am working on this issue

Hi.
I am not clear why because the BF will run on both Client and Server.How I will check when submit a job on Server.I cant debug when i run it on server.I Debuged by running it locally as I mentioned earlier its working fine.

Can u pls tell me how check wheather the BF function running in Local r Server.

Thanks for ur response.

You must check the OCM mappings of the server (p00950) to review where the BSFN runs. Exists an default rule for all objects Object Name = "DEFAULT" and Object Type = "BSFN" and also specific rules for B55XXX...

When you submit a UBE into the server it will run into the same process of the UBE. For example if you submit an UBE into SERVER01, the BSFN will run in a kernel in SERVER01. If you want to debug, the best solution is to turn on the logs and debug in advanced options before submit the UBE.

Hope this help, if you have additional questions please post a new message

HI..

I Tried the way which u said,Still I am unable to find the Error any where.BF runing on the Server only.I logged this issue with PSE so far no positive reply r call from there side.

Thanks for ur response.

Windows path will not be recognized on AS400
The path that should be used in the Business function, Database Output or in TC for the IFS is:
/Directory/file.txt
The path format for traditional file system is
LIBRARY/FILE

But there is bug in the ERP8 software, when .txt file is output to IFS, it is not putting LF and CR characters and all the data is in one single line. I found a SAR that says it works fine when output to a Library. Does anyone tried outputting to a library?

Back