Troubleshooting Workflow and Employee Self Service

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
We have an instance of 8.12 8.98.3.4 that has been running Employee Self Service on an OAS portal for about a year now. I have a few users that have an odd issue happening almost everytime they login to approve expense reports. They click on a report and click ok to approve it and they get a message saying, "This task is no longer active." This is referring to the workflow process that was started when the report was created. When I go to the P98860 app to look at the workflow manager, I can find the workflow process that is associated with the expense report and it looks fine. Still in an active status. All I do is go to the row exit and click "Resume" even though the process was never suspended. Then the manager can go in an approve. The manager tells me this happens nearly every week when he goes in to approve the reports. He gets through the first few no problem and then he gets the "task is no longer active" message. Anyone have any ideas why this would happen or if there is some way to prevent the workflow from "thinking" these processes have been suspended?

did you get an answer to this? the issue is probably not with workflow but the application form used to resume workflow, I am very familiar with the generic approval form and I have written code to resume workflow outside of this form.

Back