Troubles Sorting the Grid in P12120

Greg Hastie

Please let me preface this post by saying that I am very, very new to JDE E1 so please be gentle. 

That said we have a user that has requested the ability to sort the grid of the Meter Readings application in Equipment Information (P12120). Specifically they would like to sort the grid on Unit Number (APID) after performing a “Find” on the “Skip to Unit” field.

In some cases users can use “customized grids” to achieve this but it is not available for this particular application.

So with that I began to the look at P12120 in the OMW.
• From the Grid Control on the Unit Number (APID) column I have set the property to “Sortable by End User”. When I do this I can perform a find as mentioned above successfully and the grid will jump directly to that Unit. Then when you click on the column to sort IT WILL successfully sort the grid but the previously searched Unit is lost.
• The Grid Control itself has a sort property set on the ASSET Number. I have removed this sort on the grid completely with no change in results. I have added a sort on the Unit field and again the grid is sorted by Unit number but when searched the unit is no longer selected in the list.
• I have reviewed the ER for the “Skip to Unit” field and found the following code on the ‘Control Exited/Changed-Inline action.
If FC Equipment Number is not equal to <Blank>
F1201 Validate Asset Number
If FC Asset Number (wf) is equal to <Blank>
Suppress Find
End If
Else
FC Asset Number (wf) = "*"
End If
• I have tried to edit this code and add a couple sequencing statements to get this to sort. I have tried with and without the clear sequence. I have moved these statements both in and out of the IF statement above. I can always get the grid to sort as desired but always lose the unit I was searching from the “Skip to Unit” field.
Clear Sequencing(FC Grid)
Set Sequencing(FC Grid, "F1201", "APID", <Ascending>)
• I have tried the same sequencing code above multiple ways in the ER for MENUS \ F&ind to no avail.

Again in all cases I can get the grid to sort correctly through the ER or changes to the Sort orders in Properties of FDA. But in all cases once it sorts I lose the selection of the unit that was searched in “skip to unit”. I would imagine this is something awfully simple and I have will look really stupid. Nonetheless I am not sure what else to try. I’ll have searched for possible solutions and will keep searching but if you can lend any advice that would be awesome.
Thanks

Attachments

• 185190-e1 images.doc
    362 KB · Views: 43
Greg,
A quick fix which comes to my mind could be to set a temp field to the search field in On Click and then set the search field on Post click.

Chan

Sorry Chan for the delayed response. For some reason the emails from JDEList are getting caught in spam filter.

Nonetheless I will give this a try.

Back