TRICK FYI: Fake Check-Out Simply

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

PREFACE:
========
Maybe this technique is already well known and trivial for many of you, but I was surprised, why hadn' I figured out this earlier, in many years OW Development.

SCENARIO:
=========
A modified (developed) object reside on a client, BUT it is not in Check-Ot status AND we want to preserve the mods and want it Check-In.
It is possible, if ther is a Save Location on the system or we can Acces the OMW tables and can manipulate the and know, how to mod and which field in which table.

What abaout, when these previous solutions are not available for us?
Check the following method.

THE "TECHNIQUE":
================
#1. Open the Object with its Designer Tool in OMW.
#2. Check-Out the Object in OMW
#3. Save the Object in its Designer Tool
... and here you are ready with the Fake Check-Out

I really hope, this will be new at least for some of you.

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán

You're right...I can't believe I haven't thought about that either. I've been burned many times by not having a save location (I guess shame on me for making the same mistake 'many times'
grin.gif
)

Thanks for 'trick'!

Hi JMR,

Never mind.
Mostly the most trivial solutions are much more "un out figurable".
Is it understable in "my English"?
I faced this scenario many times in my x10 developer carrier.

Regards,

Zoltán

PS: Hard to come back to JDEList, but I make my effort(s).

Zoltán,

I have used that technique a number of times and it works well, so I can verify it works. I had not thought of posting it here for everyone - well done Zoltán.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your "verification" and feedback!
I was sure, that it is not an own solution, but as you mentioned - it haven't been shared here on JDEList before - up to now.

Thanks your contributions!

Regards,

Zoltán

i know it works for ubes (and i used it several times), but didnt know it also worked for other object types. good to know. thanx zoltan.

Hi Zoltan,
Thanks indeed for this useful tip.

I have tried out this method with a UBE and found the following:
It works great when the changes are related to only 1 section in the UBE.
When I change section 1 and add section 2 with some ER and new variables (event scope), after the check out I loose the changes in the section that was not open to save during check out time. So you could end up with unexpected result.
In any case, you are at least able to save part of your work, which is a great thing.

Thanks.

Best regards,
JanOW
E812 U3 TR 8.97 Oracle 10g

Back