Trial Balance from Alternative Chart of Account

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Our parent company using SAP and different COA structure.
We are using JDE 8.12.

How can I map COA of our parent company with our company so that I can generate two trial balances: one for parent company, one for the child.

Hope I can use Free Form Account No. (alias ANS) of F0901 - Account Master to store the SAP account number and refer this mapping in new custom TB report. I checked the Category codes but they have limit of 10 chars.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Rauf,

The problem we found with the Free Form Account No. was you have to be able to map all the accounts one to one, you cannot have any duplicate in the Free Form Account No. That did not work for us. We did use Category Code 21. 10 characters is not enough for the SAP account structure? We liked this option because JDE already has a G/L report and a trial balance report that will use Category Code 21.

Good luck!

Pam

Pam.

Thank you very much.

I thought to have cat code. But , I guess, cat code is for limited entries ( like 10 or 25 entries).
But if there is already reports available based on cat code, it is a good idea to go for cat code.

And I need to check the SAP account number length. If it goes more than 10, we cannot use cat code.

You are correct, updating the UDC values behind the cat code can be a pain. We came up with a SQL script that we ran to update it from an excel file that the users would update. We used this for new accounts and for changes and also used it to actually update the F0901 after the cat codes were added. We had several different charts of accounts that we were working with so this made it much easier for us. Hopefully you are only working with one alternate chart of accounts.

Back