Transportation Preferences

sashank_jde

Hi List
Am trying to change the default route selection from least cost to best performance by using preference type 32. I created a customer and defined 3 routes using 3 different carriers and gave a performance rating in the route line. Now when i raise a SO, the system still uses least cost to determine the route. Preference is not getting applied, can someone please help on what further setup i am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Are the 3 Routing records that you have set up all appearing in the Routing Entries screen for your Shipment?

Hi
All the 3 routing entries that I have created appear in the route selection.(Though I have set an automatic route selection, none is being selected, i have to manually select one). The one I excluded also shows in the routing entry.
Thank you

Having a little trouble understanding your problem now. This is hard to do from down under...

You said..."I created a customer and defined 3 routes using 3 different carriers and gave a performance rating in the route line. Now when i raise a SO, the system still uses least cost to determine the route. Preference is not getting applied, can someone please help on what further setup i am missing?"

But do you mean as per last response that none of the 3 are being selected???

Is there a fourth routing which the system is automatically selecting?

Is this because....

a) You are using Method of Transport preferences

b) You are using Carrier preferences

c) It is the Best Performing Routing option?

May also need to know what Release you are on to help any further. There is a bug in Xe relating to Manual vs Automatic Selection when using Method of Transport and/or Carrier Preferences.

BTW - Your Carriers allow automatic selection as well???

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Actually this is the steps i did:
1) P40070> Pref type 32> defined freight pref as least cost for an Item/Customer combination
2) P40070> Pref type 33> Excluded one carrier for a customer only hierarchy(customer is same as in point 1)
2) Set carriers with auto selection ON
3) Defined 3 routes and gave performance rating in all the 3 route lines
4) I have defined no other preferences
5) After raising a SO, i see the form exit for route selection, all 3 defined routes are listed but none are selected automatically(there is no other route set). More than this issue, I am not able to over ride the default setting of least cost, i simulated sequences where routes were selected automatically but this was again least cost despite my pref settings.
6) I am using E8.10 demo version.

Really appreciate your support.

Best Regards

Wow...

So as I understand it the three routes are the only routes in your screen but none of these are being selected automatically?

If yes, you state that you have flagged the Carriers as "auto-select"=Y and I assume that you have set the "auto-select" on the routing entries as well.

Then the only scenarios I can imagine stopping one of these routes being selected is either..

a) You have a different Carrier or MOT on the Sales Order to one of the above [through Order Header or preferences]
b) You may have a software bug

The fact that the three routing entries are being presented on the Routing Screen (again I am assuming that there are no errors on these [signified as red crosses]) the system thinks that they are all available. I would expect that it would pick one of these unless you have rules set up to stop this from happening...
Carrier Defaults, Method of transoprt, Auto-select,..

If it is still not obvious, you will need to work through your jdedebuglog to decipher this futher... or try the Knowledge Garden because if there is a bug this basic you would expect it reported.

Thank you for the detailed analysis. Will recheck and redo again.

I am having the same issue. Were you ever able to resolve this? If yes, what are the set up steps?

I am reading this link but it is not specific enough to help me figure it out.

Back