Transfering Spec records between B7331 and XE

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Folks, let me describe our problem.
We have to move some custom object of our add-on developments (system code range: 55xx-59yy) from B7331 to XE urgently.
We have to keep live our B7331 system and currently we haven't time and resources to duplicate our B7331 on a temporary system and upgrade it (further currently we haven't any experience upgrading to XE and we know, an upgrade generally is not an easy task).

Prior XE, we transported our developments moving SPEC records and Object Librarian entries between systems with the same OW version.
It works fine, further it works between B7331 and B7332 because the SPEC structure haven't changed.

We want to use this method (with some modification) from B7331 to XE as a fast but temporary solution and later we will make the upgrade and will overwrite the temporary transported objects with the upgraded one.

After our first experiments, it appears that it could work but I want to be on the safe side.
My questions are:
1.) Has the SPEC structure been changed between B7331 and XE (BSFN, DSTR, BSVW, TBLE, APPL, UBE)?
2.) Could it cause any problem if we can open the transfered objects with their designer, validate ER in UBE/APPL and save them from the designer and Chek In them into DEV path code?
3.) Has anybody any experience with this method?
4.) Has anybody other quick method to move objects from B7331 to XE without upgrade?

Any contibution, information, shared experiences, pros and cons will be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back