Training Exercises on C Business function

raj12345

Hi All,

I am begienner in C Business function. Usually i use to do Debugging in C Business function. Currently i am looking for Training Exercise in C Business function. If anyone have Training Exercises on C Business function. Please forward to me...!!

Thanks in Advance...!!

Regards
Raj
JD Edwards Technical Consultant

The best way to get some training would be to just jump in and look at some examples of code. For now, look for business functions that have simpler processes and start going over each line to understand what it's doing. Oracle provides some really good resources for their APIs (non-ANSI custom C libraries) to show how to write some of their code. Unfortunately, the documentation still leaves much to be desired, so you'll have to see how other business functions use some code to understand how everything is used.

If you want some specific examples of what to look for, just ask what you're trying to learn what to do. As a start, try looking at the availability function B4101220. It has a lot of lines to it, but the code is very straightforward. If you want something simpler or more advanced, just let us know.

Hi Gary,

I appreciate your support. I already tried, what you are suggesting me to do, While debugging C business function. Honestly, i am saying. Still, i dont have clear understanding of C Business function. I think, i should have understanding of API's of C Business function. Please correct me, if i am wrong. But i am looking for traning exercises that helps me develop simple C business function and understand them. What i am thinking that, I get clear understanding of simple C Business function, then i can try for advance C business function.

Please, if it is possible for you, provide me with C Business function exercises with their solution. And please tell me the initial requirement for understanding C Business function.

Thanks in Advance....!!

Regards
Raj
JD Edwards Technical Developer
JDE E1 8.11 and JDE world

It sounds like in this case you want to start learning C before you learn how to write JDE in C. In that case, there are some books out there that will teach the basics of C--it's not a hard language to learn, you just have to start seeing it the right way.

When you're confident you know C, you can look up the APIs for the version of tools release you have and download them from the Oracle website (note: the 8.97 and 8.98 guides can be buggy for certain entries, so if you have either of those tools releases, download the 8.96 API as well).

Coding for C business functions isn't much harder than coding in C any other way--you just need to learn the APIs. For example, you're using jdeStrcpy instead of strcpy or using MathAdd to add two MATH_NUMERIC data structures instead of using the plus operator to add to integers.

Hi Garry,

Exellent...!!

Thanks for your extended support....!!

even i know C language. But i never tried to compare it with C Business function in JDE.

Can i know you gmail id for chatting of Gtalk? if you dont mind.

Regards
Raj
JD Edwards E1 8.11 and JD Edwards world
Email: [email protected]

Hi All,

I am begienner in C Business function. Usually I use to do Retrofeeting in C Business function. Currently I am looking for Training Exercise in C Business function. If anyone have Training Exercises on C Business function. Please forward to me ([email protected]).

Thanks and Regards!
Pradeep Patel
Email : [email protected]

Back