TQOH in F4141 not updated Correctly from F41021

KKJ70

Well Known Member
We are in the middle of our annual physical inventory and in the final business unit, the TQOH in the F4141 did not update with the correct value from F41021 on several items. This is creating an unnecessary variance. I reviewed the R41606 to see how the F4141 is populated, but it was not much help.

The value showing in the variance review is from another row within the F4141 table. I am trying to figure out how P41604 determines which row from F4141 to use to populate the TQOH.

Any help is appreciated and desperately needed.

Thanks!
~Kelli

I am guessing that you are using tag count.
Maybe those parts were not in your data selection when you ran R41606. You can rerun R41606 to populate F4141.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the reply, Matt.
Yes, we are using tag counts. We do have items with lots, but these items do not require lots.

Examples:
Item 1046
- F4141 Qty On-Hand = 2355 (TQOH); Qty Counted = 1500 (TQCT)
- F41021 Quantity = 1664 (PQOH)

Item 1305
- F4141 Qty On-Hand = 20 (TQOH); Qty Counted = 4 (TQCT)
- F41021 Quantity = 4 (PQOH)

In our PY environment, we ran the Tag Count Update and the item was updated by the difference in the F4141 table, which left the quantity on-hand for 1305 at -12 .. NOT good.

We are going to correct these issues using a cycle count, but am wondering if anyone else has seen something like this.

~Kelli

We have never had a problem with this.
The logic is fairly straightforward for R41606. It selects every item/location combination in F41021 and writes that to F4141. We have the data selection of R41606 set to include items that have a qty on hand >0 and to exclude bulk items ,kits and Configured items.

Thanks,
Matt

Haven't used count program for years. However, I do recall having some issues with qty's, can't say it was your issue exactly but we did have some issues. I think we determined it was because there were some incomplete/blank fields in either the 4101, 4102 or 41021 (all?) related to the part #. Look at litm, aitm, etc, in relation to parts that worked. I think on ours one of these fields was blank and I guess it may be part of a unique key...anyways when we updated the fields it was ok. May be stab in the dark but may help!

Good luck...babs

I appreciate any suggestions .. but .. unfortunately, I did not find any difference in any of the tables among the okay items and not okay items.

One thing I think I have not mentioned is this only happened with ONE branch/plant. We inventory 3 branches and this was the last one to update.

Also, the value shown on the Variance Review was in the F4141 table on the row for the tag count (CYNO = 99999999), but was also the value for the TQOH from a completed cycle count.

~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't used count program for years. However, I do recall having some issues with qty's, can't say it was your issue exactly but we did have some issues. I think we determined it was because there were some incomplete/blank fields in either the 4101, 4102 or 41021 (all?) related to the part #. Look at litm, aitm, etc, in relation to parts that worked. I think on ours one of these fields was blank and I guess it may be part of a unique key...anyways when we updated the fields it was ok. May be stab in the dark but may help!

Good luck...babs

[/ QUOTE ]

Back