Total/sum field FDA

nkuebelbeck

nkuebelbeck

VIP Member
I've got a custom header-less detail form where I would like to add up one column. I can think of a couple of ways to do this (table io,grid buffer) etc. I was wondering if there was an "out of the box" control I can use to point at a field in the form and set to total/sum, similar to RDA. I've looked through the FDA JD Edwards guide with no luck.

Thanks

Afaik, there's no such thing in FDA. Grid Buffer is commonly used for grid totals.

for what it's worth I added a hidden button and put some event rule logic that gets the max rows, iterates and sum's the total. worked for me.

I then added a push button event wherever the grid might change. seems like a lot of overhead but I can't figure any others ways.

[ QUOTE ]
for what it's worth I added a hidden button and put some event rule logic that gets the max rows, iterates and sum's the total. worked for me.

I then added a push button event wherever the grid might change. seems like a lot of overhead but I can't figure any others ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to sum for any change in grid. It will be only when the column you are adding is changed to minimize performance.

Chan

Back