Tools Upgrade 9.2.0.3 - Apps 9.1 - ASI Install

SKH

Well Known Member
Hi,

We've recently upgraded from 9.1.5.5 to 9.2.0.3 TR on our Development E1 install - Apps level is 9.1.

We've completed several Tools Upgrades in the past without issue but this one hasn't been a straightforward upgrade - in particular when applying the related ASI 92000103TL. The pre-req ESUs (including baseline) were applied ok but we've had real trouble getting the ASI installed via Change Assistant. Must admit haven't used Change Assistant much in the past but it just seems to be so temperamental. Lots of errors at different stages. By hook or crook, we've managed to finish the install and get the table conversions to run (with the exception of 2 that were specific to Watchlists which we are ignoring for now).

The main issue we have now is that our grid formats that were present (pre-tools upgrade) are not visible in any of the applications now? We can create new grids successfully. The related table conversions have run for the grids.

We have an ongoing call open with Oracle just wondering if anyone else has been down this road and experienced similar issues?

Thanks/Regards,

Sanj

Our first 9.2.0.3 upgrade failed and we had to do a complete server manager and agent reinstall. Once that was done we got the ASI to apply without much trouble.

With regards to all of the UDO's, once we had set all of the security up correctly it worked as expected so the grids etc came through. One thing we did experience, which we think was due to having to reinstall the agent, was that we had to delete and redeploy our JAS and AIS instances a couple of times to get them to take up the new tools correctly. As we use the server groups so recreating JAS instances takes only a couple of minutes so this wasn't a big deal.

Thanks for your reply Russell -

We did the Server Manager Install and reinstalled the agents. We've also gone through the UDO security and it works for new grids/databrowser etc. It's just the 'existing' grids we had don't appear on any applications. I can see they have been migrated to the new table that is used now. We're still looking into this. I'll add an update once we resolve this.

Thanks,

Sanj

I am not a CNC but we ran into a similar issues (we did both an apps and tools upgrade to 9.2) and ended up re-creating the grid formats as they came over but the *PUBLIC nature was lost and we could not set them back. However at COLLABORATE16 we were told of a UBE that might have resolved that issue and put the UDOs in default projects of the users who created them. It is R98222UDO and is referenced here: http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/tec...eOne Tools Release 9 2 Upgrade Supplement.pdf

Again we did not try this solution but I thought I would share what I knew. Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply and the document you referenced - it's really useful!

With an Apps upgrade, it's expected for the grids to have to be re-created but we've just updated the Tools. We're getting slightly ambiguous information coming back from Oracle with regards to what we should / should not be running with regards to the Table Conversions having upgraded just the Tools.

I've managed to get the *PUBLIC grids converted now but I 'cheated' by renaming them to my own username in the F98950. Then ran the conversion job and it converted the records and put them in the new table. Once there, I renamed the records back to *PUBLIC and they appeared fine in the applications. It appears the conversion UBE won't convert the *PUBLIC records (at least that is what we are experiencing). The end result is achieved but we're not happy with all the 'faffing around' to make this work ;). I have fed back the information to Oracle.

Thanks/Regards,

Sanj

Glad you got it to work and it also makes us feel better that the UBE may not have been the cause of our issue. Hopefully Oracle figures it out and updates the procedure for those in the future.

Back