• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Tips/Traps - Using Data Selection from a Section

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
Here's another "fun / NOT!" trap I found myself, just the other day....

Many of us choose to use the "Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section" System Function - to copy one sections Data Selection to another.... Until recently, I never had a problem with it.

Then, the other day I appended some Internal Data Selection to the Parent Section - Using Event Rules (Set Selection...).... I noticed, that the Subsequent's Selected Data did not match that for the source (WTH???). Once I copied the Source Sections ER based Data Selection into the Child - Hell Froze Over and things were all Play-Nice, again!

Now, I hadn't experienced this before - so I don't really know if it was 'just moi' or some random trantrum from the God of Nano - so, your mileage may vary.

(db)

johndanter

Legendary Poster
Hi mate

What order did you write the code?
Copied DS then Use Data Sel from a section?

Like this?
Set Selection Append Flag(<Yes>)
Set User Selection(BC Item Number - Short (F4211)(ITM), <Equal To>, "278846", <And>)
Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section(R574211B|GTS0001, RS GDPR Scrabbing personal details/emails F0111 F4211 BSVW, <BOTH Sel & Seq>)

I've 2 sections
1 over F0111 and F42119
1 over F0111 and F4211

I want them both to follow the same DS and I'm struggling

Last edited: