Time Zones in Ledgers

GrumpyJDE

We have operations in time zones GMT and GMT+1 but as JDE (9.00) is accessed via Citrix to the servers in the US all transactions in these time zones are "stamped" with a PST time. this can cause a transaction to appear to have been made on a different day/month so is causing us problems on activity reporting and financial audits. How do we have the ledgers show the local time for these transactions?

K
wink.gif

Hi,

The easiest solution is to set 2 Citrix farms :

One on GMT timezone, and another on GMT+1
Users will log on one farm or another depending on
their timezone.

But, the cleanest and most logical solution is
to put all servers and PCs on the same timezone.

Sebastian

Thanks for your reply (apologies for late response) I will discuss this with our network guys. We have a parent in California on PST hence all servers set to PST now, in the UK we want to have GMT and for Continental Europe GMT+1 but we will soon be adding Asian operations so will want GMT+?

Thanks again

G

Hi,

In that case, you should probably go to the unifying
solution : set every server to run on the same
timezone (GMT)

Be aware that GMT (also known as UTC) is not the same
as London or UK time.

UK clocks move forward one hour in April (or March?) and
move backward one hour in October (or November?)
GMT/UTC is uniform, no DST surprises...

Hmmm... we already have unified time = PST as our cousins have the servers and have set it for their time zone. The problem we have is with audits of ledgers and for cut-offs in finance - particularly at month-end as a transaction done in europe at 8.00 am on 1st of month will appear on the ledgers as being done 11.00 pm on the last of the previous month so falls into the wrong period.
I like the dedicated Citrix Farm idea but dont know if I will be able to secure dedicated servers for GMT and GMT+1 which will be idle during the US working day... money money money
mad.gif

thanks again

G
wink.gif

Back