Time Change back One Hour; JDE License Manager errored out

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Time Change back One Hour; JDE License Manager errored out
Not sure if these two events are related, bu after Time change back one hour, the JDE License Manager errored out later and people could not sign onto JDE.

Six months ago I ran the WRKTIMZON command and set it to QN0600CST2 (Central Time, with Daylight Saving time starting the second Sunday of March, and ending the first Sunday of November at 02:00:00).

On Sunday at 2AM our 9406 model 520 on V5R3 changed the time back one hour:
Message ID . . . . . . : CPD1689 Severity . . . . . . . : 00
Message type . . . . . : Information
Date sent . . . . . . : 11/02/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 01:00:00
Message . . . . : Local system time has been adjusted.Cause . . . . . : Local system time has been adjusted to use a Coordinated Universal Time offset of -360 minutes due to reason code 1. The reason codes and their meanings are as follows: 0 - See previous messages. 1 - A Daylight Saving Time transition has occured. 2 - The time zone currently used by the system value QTIMZON has changed.

Later that day I IPL'd the system. Every IPL initializes our JDE User Licensing when QBATCH subsystem starts (see notes at end). This action recreates QGPL/JDE_IDX_1, QGPL/JDE_IDX_2, QGPL/JDE_IDX_3, QGPL/JDE_IDX_4. The license manager errored out with:
: The RPG program P98802X in library JDFOBJ tried to use the
array index at statement 99999999 which was less than one or greater than
the number of elements in the array.

I answered the message with 'C', and users were able to sign onto JDE after that. I will post this to Oracle's tech support just to let them know.

+++++++++++ Notes on the User Based Pricing Program J98802JQ to run as an autostart job during IPL.
CRTJOBD QGPL/JDE_SLM yada yada
Add J98802JQ as an autostart job to the QBATCH subsystem with ADDAJE SBSD(QBATCH) JOB(JDE_SLM) JOBD(JDE)SLM)

Menu G943 has options that show you the number of concurrent users of JDE.

Found out from Oracle that JDE License Manager errored out for a reason
not related to the Time Change.

It errored out because library JDEINSTAL is on our system now and
DSPDTAARA JDEINSTAL/#TREL has the value A9.1 in it.

If I install software update A738120795, the array index error will go
away.

Back