E9.2 Time Calculate

nil_chavan

I' need to find answer for following 2 issues. both are related to time. add time and reduce time, is there any BSFN to achieve these result.
1) How to add two hours
eg.
Input Output
1:00 1:00
13:00 14:00
1:30 15:30
1:30 17:00
2) How to reduce 30 min from time
eg.
Input Output
1:00 - 30MM = 30

Hi,

I did a lot of searching on this subject a few years ago and found information on jdelist that helped me write some functions. You didn't say how you need to handle wrapping around midnight. You can probably adapt the attached code to handle your need.

Regards,
Ellen

Attachments

• N550008.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
You may want to look into the UTC (jdeUTime) time APIs. Using jdeUTime_AdvanceTime you can roll the time foward/back like you want which should also handle the dates for you as well.

Getting all time switched to utime would be great. A huge undertaking, but it would be a step in modernizing. When I was looking at functions I tried to find one where I could convert a standard JDE date and time field into a utime and vice versa and use the built in functions for adding/subtracting the utime fields. But, I couldn't find those so ended up writing something myself.

Hi,

I did a lot of searching on this subject a few years ago and found information on jdelist that helped me write some functions. You didn't say how you need to handle wrapping around midnight. You can probably adapt the attached code to handle your need.

Regards,
Ellen

Thank You!

Hi,

Regards,
Ellen

Ellen, After midnight I want time to add to previous day for eg. mnTimeIn_TRTM (1/1/2020) = 2300 and mnTimeToAdd_TRTM (1/2/2020) = 730 the mnTimeOut_TRTM should be 830 not the 3030

Back