The Security Server is down or cannot be reached. Please contact the System Administrator.

otey1

The Security Server is down or cannot be reached. Please contact the System Administrator.

Geeting this error from my WebDev client:
I checked my JDE.ini and JAS,ini JDBJ all looks fine.
My Sercurity server is active.. should I bounce my JDe Services?

Re: The Security Server is down or cannot be reached. Please contact the System Administrator.

otey1,

Just a reminder: please include your system configuration in your signature or the post itself -- it can affect the responses you receive.

I've run into something like this before, and it happened because if I shutdown JDE services, one kernel process failed to stop. This orphaned process then prevented JDE services from restarting properly. As a bandaid, after I tried stopping JDE services, I had to manually kill the orphaned JDE process, and then restart JDE services.

Good luck!

Re: The Security Server is down or cannot be reached. Please contact the System Administrator.

Also make sure whatever log on id you are using for security server has not been disabled. We had similar situation and the JDE user id had become disabled.

Back