Table without Object Specs

amwalshjde

Well Known Member
We have a table that exists in the database, and there is a record in the F9860/1. However there are no records for it in the Spec files (DDTABL, DDCLMN, etc). The object tis currently checked out to a fat client, and that fat client does not have specs for it either. When we start the table design Aid, we get the following error "Table (A4801) is not defined in local specification. Press OK to Exit". When TDA opens I can see that it knows the columns and indexe's of that table and they are correct. When I try to save the object I get TAM errors.

Is there anyway to rebuild the TAM specs from the obect? I need to get the table checked in so that other developers can create a BSVW over the table.

Thanks,
Aaron
Xe sp24 Enterprise Server Iseries

A4801 is not a standard name for a table but seems to be an audit trail table. Do you have activated audit trail within your jdedwards ?

Franck

Typically, A* Tables are Audit Tables (CFR 21). They do not contain specs in E1 (though, you can create them manually - just DO NOT GENERATE THE SPEC).

The A-tables contain the Before/After image of ever record...

(db)

Plus I think CFR 21 can only be applied to one environment at a time....?

but List, if that fact is wrong, please email me as that's what we were told here by JDE

Officially - CFR-21 is One Environment....

... HOWEVER, there is a top-secret (bOrgacle Internal) document that explains how CFR-21 can be applied across multiple environments....

No, I don't have the document (I said Internal and top-secret).

On that same note... I don't know why Oracle/JDE has to make the CFR so difficult. Logically, it is just SQL Views and Triggers that sit ontop of their Audit Tables...

(db)

Back