TABLE I/O

jdoneworld

Hi All,

I am using F4211.Fetch Single to fetch LTTR & NXTR
Then I am updating my customised table with these fetched values
But my customised table is getting updated with blanks
Amazing thing is that in debug mode it is working fine i.e. updation of customised table with fetched F4211. LTTR & NXTR is working alright & values are reflected in UTB
My table I/O is written on post OK button clicked event of customised sales order entry.
Any suggestions in this regard are most welcome
thanks in advance.

Most likely - there is an async function running. The function hasn't updated the table (in real-time) before the fetch takes place.

Things are slow enough, in debug mode - that the function is completed before your fetch takes place.

Which application are you modifying?

db

You will need to change End Document to run synchronously. Because it runs Asynchronously, the record hasn't been written to the table yet.

Ben again

Hi, all!
The Synch-Asynch Ideas described above are correct. My method for this problem is to write a business function and set all business functions in the post button clicked event the same way (synch or asynch)
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Hi "jdoneworld",

Have your problem already solved after turn off Async options and placing your FetchSingle after all BSFN call in zhe OK Post Button Clicked event?

If do not, here are my 2 cents:

Bracket your Fetch the following way:

F4211.Open
F4211.Fetch Single
F4211.Close

...and mark the "Include Transaction" option in the Open instruction (press the Advanced Options... on the Data Source window of the instruction).

Maybe your Fetch is out of the scope of the transaction and do not see the changes, that made inside the transaction

If you want your Update to be part of the same transaction, then you can bracket your update the same way with Open/Close with Include Transaction option.

Please, let us know your results!

Regards,

Zoltán

Back