Table I/O in Debug log

dss01

dss01

I am facing a strange issue with the JDEDebug.log.
In an application, I have a push button, which updates F55XX table. Update is on Primary key. Update is failing but it is not getting recorded in the Debug log. I have activated logging and tried both the value in LEVEL field of jde.ini.
i.e.
[DEBUG]
TAMMultiUserOn=0
Output=FILE
ServerLog=0
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS

AND

[DEBUG]
TAMMultiUserOn=0
Output=FILE
ServerLog=0
LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_ADMIN,SF_MEDIA_OBJ

What I have observed is that none of the Table I/Os are getting logged, not even the BSVW fetches.
At the same time table i/o in the BSFNs are getting logged.
Is there any setting in the JDE.ini file that I might be missing?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------
JDE 8.12/8.97 toolset

I am assuming that this is being tested on a DEV client with a local browser. If so, the statements are in the JAS logs, mine are in: C:\e811\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\logs.

You will find similar logs on your web server as well.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, am running application on the Local Client.

I am unable to find C:\E812\JAS folder. but i do see lots of JAS logs generated in the C:\E812\ folder...but i am not sure which log to refer too...
confused.gif

Not sure it applies to 8.12 but in Xe we typically use LEVEL=5,BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID etc..

The 5 being the same value you can set by setting logging from BV for example.

I agree, in XE i used to get table i/o details in jdedebug.
This is happening in 8.12 only. I have tried the debug level in the jde.ini, but in vain
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, am running application on the Local Client.

I am unable to find C:\E812\JAS folder. but i do see lots of JAS logs generated in the C:\E812\ folder...but i am not sure which log to refer too...
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am on E811 which should have a similar setup as E812 for the local web client, but every install differs somewhat. If you can find your JAS folder, drill down into it and you will find the log folder, there you should find the debug logs you are looking for.

Since i have not worked on E812, i am not sure the folder structure on install is the same as E811, but we are on the same TS so it should be similar.

On the APP server, I think the logs are stored within the Server Manager's JDE_home_agent folder. I would not think that your local install would have this, but it is worth a check.

I can track all my table i/o in the jas logs but the data is not very useful as the actual column values are not being logged...eg "INSERT INTO DVDTA.F594101T(ITITM,ITLITM,ITAITM,ITMCU,IT59LOTNO,IT59TRTYPE,IT59HAMPRI,IT59PADLNO,ITCRCD,ITCRR,IT59INBOND,IT59CARNAM,IT59COLDTJ,IT59WINESR,IT59WINEBN,IT59WINECN,IT59HANDCA,IT59DUTYCT,IT59DUTYAM,IT59ILLUCA,ITPRCS,ITUSER,ITPID,ITJOBN,ITUPMJ,ITUPMT) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)"

finally i have found jas log in the E812 folder..it was in "C:\e812\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\log" folder...what i noticed is unlike jdedebug.log file...jas logs are created with the date stamp..i.e a new log file each day(for e.g "jas_20090406.log")...something new tht i have learned..

Update were failing bcos, JOBN(size 10) was assigned a value greater than 10 chars..which got captured in the jas log..

thanks every one for ur prompt replies..

Back