• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Table Copy

oneworld_101

Active Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C089E2.279D5350
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello List,=20
In OneWorld Xe, How can I copy a table from one environment to another. =
Lets say going from Prototype to Production. Do I have to copy one =
table at a time or can I copy bunch of tables at the same time.


Thank you for your response.


------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C089E2.279D5350
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello List, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In OneWorld Xe, How can I copy a table =
from one=20
environment to another. Lets say goingfromPrototype to =

Production. Do I have to copy one table at a time or can I =
copy=20
bunch of tables at the same time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you for your =
response.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C089E2.279D5350--
 

WWells

Active Member
You will need to use the OMW to Copy Tables....

Or use the R98403 to create a version that had a data selection of the
specific tables you want to copy.

Hope this helps.

Wade
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi 101,
1-Using R98403 is a very good idea; I just uploaded a JDE Document explaining the hows and whats to take into consideration (it may take some time until Eric makes it available so feel free to ask me to send it on your personal email address, if you want it ... sooner)
2-One of our respected Listers just made a very good point in how to avoid sending your emails in MIME format. See the "I never have liked MIMEs" issue (by the way, me neither) posted yesterday, and take his advice, please.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Adrian

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 805
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
 

oneworld_101

Active Member
Thanks for your help Adrian,
I just changed the setting in my account, so hopefully from now on my
messages will not be in MIME format. If you could please send me the
Document your referring to my personal email address, that would be great.
(oneoworld_101@hotmail.com)

Thank You


----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian_Chimirel" <adrian.chimirel@home.com>
To: <jdelistml@jdelist.com>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: Table Copy ~~4709:4720


> Hi 101,
> 1-Using R98403 is a very good idea; I just uploaded a JDE Document
explaining the hows and whats to take into consideration (it may take some
time until Eric makes it available so feel free to ask me to send it on your
personal email address, if you want it ... sooner)
> 2-One of our respected Listers just made a very good point in how to avoid
sending your emails in MIME format. See the "I never have liked MIMEs" issue
(by the way, me neither) posted yesterday, and take his advice, please.
> Thank you and have a nice day,
> Adrian
>
> LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 805
> SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
> RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=4
720
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Re: RE: Table Copy

Wade,
You really made me surprised.
Does the "Copy" in OMW copy tables between datasources with its contents? I suppose, it copies only the table specification into a new table object on the same Path Code? Do I know something wrong?
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

DHelsle

Active Member
RE: RE: Table Copy

Both, OMW now allows us to copy table specs. It also has the original table
copy functionality from OL which does copy from environment to environment
if you have the password to regenerate the table in the target environment.

David Helsley
(317)879-4483 dhelsle@iccnet.com (client)
(859)466-6746 ddh@consultant.com (me)

These views are my own and are not necessarily held or supported by
my employer.

>
 

WWells

Active Member
RE: RE: Table Copy

Zoltan,

I used the "COPY" in OMW the other day and it seemed to copy the contents
just fine between datasources. It works just like the Copy table function
of previous releases.

Wade
 

oneworld_101

Active Member
Re: RE: Table Copy

Yes, Table copy in OMW actully copies table with its contents.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Zoltan_Gyimesi" <zoltan.gyimesi@Synergon.hu>
To: <jdelistml@jdelist.com>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: RE: Table Copy ~~4709:5002


> Wade,
> You really made me surprised.
> Does the "Copy" in OMW copy tables between datasources with its contents?
I suppose, it copies only the table specification into a new table object on
the same Path Code? Do I know something wrong?
> Zoltán
>
> B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
> (working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
> --------------------------
> Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=5
002
> *************************************************************
> This is the JDEList One World / XE Mailing List.
> Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
> UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
> *************************************************************
>
>
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Re: RE: Table Copy

Thanks for all of your answer about Table Copy in OMW.
I was only thinking of the Copy menu selection of File menu on the entry Form of OMW. I was so happy that XE already can copy TBLE objects as well as BSVW objects, that I totally forgot the Table Operation Tab on the Table Design Form.
Thanks again.
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

altquark

Legendary Poster
There are 2 ways to copy tables in OneWorld Xe....

1. Use OMW to copy tables one at a time. Add the table to a project - hit "Design" and go to the Table Copy tab. You can then copy tables between datasources. This works for 1 table at a time.

2. Use Table Conversion. TC is the fastpath - or hit Add from OMW and choose "Batch Application" and from the Header - choose "Table Conversion". In here you have the option to copy large numbers of tables from one place to another - and even to import cpyscript.dat files (for those VERY old OneWorlders - this was the original CPYTABLE.EXE script functionality - yup, its still there in Xe !)

OneWorld still has great tools to manipulate data - it seems to me as if it has also got a lot faster with Xe - and I have seen it run almost as fast as the network would allow !

Jon Steel

ERP Sourcing
http://www.erpsourcing.com
cto@spla.sh
 
Top