Table Conversion with Foreign Table (SQL Server)

Saad Faisal

Hi Everyone

First of all, i am a newbie on JDE and utilizing the DEMO environment of JDE E1 9.1 and just starting to grasp the basic ideas, starting with Table Conversion. My current objective is to

Using the "Data Conversion" type in TC to export the F4101 table to an external SQL Server Table.

For this purpose, i have created a database on my SQLServer with a single table that is an exact replica of F4101. Then i followed the points mentioned on this URL

http://jdejosh.blogspot.com/2011/02/tc-foreign-table.html

to setup my Environment, DataSource, OCM Mapping. But when i try to select my OUTPUT Environment in "Data Conversion" i am getting the following error

"Unable to Initialize output environment"

Upon close inspection of the JDE.log, i am seeing the following error

----------------------------------------
2200/4064 MAIN_THREAD Mon Mar 18 20:17:18.920140 Jdb_omp1.c1779
JDB9900419 - Either no roles assigned to user DEMO or roles are not valid for the signon environment SQLF4101.

2200/4064 MAIN_THREAD Mon Mar 18 20:17:18.920159 Jdb_ctl.c4423
JDB9901500 - No role associated with the *ALL. Failed to signon the user.

2200/4064 MAIN_THREAD Mon Mar 18 20:17:18.936188 Jdb_ctl.c6051
JDB1200001 - Failed to validate Environment handle
-----------------------------

For my SQLF4101 Environment, i have checked my OCM Mapping and i have a "DEFAULT" Object Name Mapping with my DataSource "SQLSRVRDS" with System ROLE as "*PUBLIC" and it is also Activated. Infact i have also added a similar mapping with user "DEMO" and even with User Role "DEMOROLE" but i am still receiving this error. So i am just constantly scratching my head on what is that i am doing wrong.

Here are some more details of my environment

JDE Ver: E1 9.1 (DEMO Installation)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dear All

I have managed to resolve the situation to a Point, where now i just came to know that on the SQL Server side you need to have a user 'JDE' with a password 'JDE' as well. After which now my OUTPUT environment in TC loads perfectly, but here is another problem.

For learning purpose i am transferring F4101 Table to a table in my SQL Server with exact replica schema. However i am getting an error when mapping the JDE Date data type to SQL Server datetime datatype. Can someone quickly refer to me what column type i need to define to match a JDE Date column type.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Back