Suppliers and PO's and Leadtime

ssolberg

VIP Member
Suppliers and PO\'s and Leadtime

I understand (for the most part) the whole concept of how leadtime is calc'd via receipts processing and how the F43090 file is affected but I've been asked a question I'm not sure how to solve. As I understand things, the leadtime info in F43090 gets recalced each time you receive a part so that going forward, it is a "historical" lead time and represented as such when entering PO's. And you can see the current leadtime information by looking in the fold of V43090 inquiry program (Receipts Analysis Revisions).

The question came from an issue that occured with one of our vendors that we by a variety of parts from. They just informed us that "their" current leadtimes to get stuff to us is going to be longer now. (for example, they used to say things took 5 days and now they will take 10). In looking at this inquiry screen, each part has a variety of leadtime days (no surprise) but how can I now "extend" those times to be more reflective of what they are telling us so the PO Generator is more correct. This revisions screen implies I can change the lead times (by part only?) but I'm thinking that as soon as I do the next PO receipt, my changes will be lost. Or is the "new" leadtime I put in just "updated" a little bit based on the new reciept? And actually, I would just like to increase the lead time for an entire vendor by and amount if possible. Is it possible? I can do it by part, just not thrilled about doing so... Any other suggestions?

Back