Successful Rollover - 3rd Test

AS400Guru

AS400Guru

Well Known Member
All,
We successfully completed our 3rd roll over test today. Couple of issues that we faced today were pretty minor.
1 - Duplicate entries in the iSeries scheduler.
2 - 1.1-F10 does not show network/subsystem active shows NO/NO. I guess they are minor, but will log a call and find out why we ran in this issue.

Roll swap takes about 5 min, the preparation work takes about 60-90 min and the same time to roll-back.

The next test would be to emulate a real disaster and severe the link on the primary system and see whether the recovery process is as straight forward.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions.

Thanks.

Maybe I missed it. What happened with the infamous question of whether the IP address must be changed to match the primary when you are doing a roll? When you rolled to your backup machine, do you have to change the IP address to the same as what your primary was?

Steve

Steve,
The DNS entry should take care of that along with the chang e in the cfgtcp on the iseries. Basically the ip addresses will be crossed.

Hi AS400Guru, This is the answer I have been looking for for a long time. Was the rollover a full or virtual? The JDE admin is concerned about doing a full failover because of the host name and ip address used in the .ini file. If I understand right, you said the DNS entry takes care of the IP and host name switch. So there is nothing to change. We are Enterprise One 8.12. Thanks.

Back