Successful Roll over - iTera

AS400Guru

AS400Guru

Well Known Member
All,
We just completed our successful roll over. It went pretty smooth. There were some minor issues, but no show stoppers.
We will be moving to the new IFS module pretty soon and then perform another roll swap.
We took the route of changing the dns entry names and the complete end to end testing took about 4 hours. The actual roll swap took less than 5 min.
I have worked with other DR products and I have nothing but good things about iTera's E2 product.

If anyone else is planning a roll over in the near future, please feel free to ask for any more details.

Thanks.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
<font color="orange"> </font>

We are just about to test a roll swap with using DataMirror..only the iSeries...did you roll swap deployment & client as well? We are thinking about using VMware for them...

Yes we did roll swap our clients too. We tested OneWorld to make sure that we were able to perform normally.

Hi - We have just done our first role swap using Datamirror, it all switched OK but we couldn't get OneWorld to work.

How have you all approached running OW on a mirrored system?

I would be interested to know if you have had to change AS/400 system name etc., or had to do any CNC to make it work.

We tried changing tcp host, rdb on AS/400 and changed jde.ini settings. We could log on, but porttest failed and UBE's failed due to a failover.

We had the same issue with DM, we made it eventually work. But due to lot of other reasons we switched to iTera.
Can you please attach the logs, it will give us a clue as to where the issue is.
Again the issue could be based on what kind of architecture you chose in terms of implementing DR. Changing System name should be last on your list and if someone from DM told you so, then shoot him
grin.gif
Nor should you have to make any ini changes.
Lets take a look at your logs and take it from there.

AS400Guru,
Sorry to resurrect an old thread like this, but we could really use some advice. We have had iTera for High Availability for a long time, but have never completed failover testing with EntperpriseOne (long story). But we are now in need of completing a proper role-swap test.

My skills are CNC and I am working with an AS400 sys admin. Our options appear to be a virtual role-swap or a live role-swap. Virtual would be preferred because it would allow easy roll back of any transactions completed during testing, but we could not test with the rest of the live production JDE architecture (as I understand it). A live role-swap would allow us to truely test our failover, but any transactions made in the production environment would need to be manually backed out. This year, we need to complete a validation of our disaster recovery plan. Next year, we will need to complete a thorough validation of a complete swap from one data center to another. Neither role-swap options seem to handle a complete validation with isolated test data. Could we get some advice for this?
Thanks much, Doug

Back