subsystem job and cursor error

cwchun123

We are on OneWorld B733 and run a citrix enviroment and 400 database. We have a subsystem job running that create freight lines in the sales detail. The program uses the JDE business functions...4211 BEGIN DOC, EDIT LINE, END DOC. It runs great most of the day. Later in the day we start receiving this error message - Attempt to exceed total number of simultaneously open cursors (100) per cache failed.

I thought End Doc cleared the cache and reset cursors?? Is this not correct?

Any ideas on how to clear the cursor/cache to allow this transaction to run all day?
We are currently stopping the subsystem job and restarting...

Any help would be appreciated...

Have you moded the BSFN's?
If not, then there is a bug in standard, with not closing a cursor, or you are calling a routine that opened a cursor, and you have not closed it.

Note: This is a open cursor problem, not a terminate of a cache problem.
When there is a cache open cursor, you need a following closecache cursor.
Just for ONE record, run the ube in debug, and then search for open/close cursors. And see which one has not been closed.

Note: Either, you have only just processed 100 transaction near the end of the day, OR, certain types of orders are causing the problems. If this is the case, it could be something to do with preferences.

Hope that helps,

Re: RE: subsystem job and cursor error

business functions have not been modified....

I ran the debug...I see 2 opencursor statments but no closecursor statements... There are several teriminate caches statements. I found a SAR that may correct this in the B4200310 Business function. I will make the code changes and go from there.

Thanks for debug advice....

Back