Substitute Item in Procurement Error

KKJ70

Well Known Member
I am learning how to use item cross reference, but am getting an error with the Substitute Items in procurement. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this or if it works.

#1 We use and sell valves that come from many different manufacturers.
#2 Some customers may want a specific manufacturer only.
#3 We want to keep only one item in the system for a specific valve configuration.
#4 If we need to specify a specific manufacturer, I thought we could use the Substitute Items in procurement to print which manufacturer and their part number, but still maintain our item number and description on the order.

Problem: I have set up an item cross reference using P4104 (no address #, just vendor number and description, type S or type M).
When trying to access the Substitute Items in procurement, the error is:
"Item Branch Record Does Not Exist - A form level error has occurred. CAUSE. . An Item Branch record (F4102) does not exist for this item in the Branch/Plant specified. RESOLUTION . . Correct the Branch or enter an Item Branch record for this item in Branch Plant Item Information (P41026).

--> The item IS in the item branch, F4102. <--

Is there something more I need to do to setup the item cross reference?

Thanks for any help or guidance.
~Kelli

Hi.

You must specify in address number the address number of the vendor, so the system will look atht he cross references from this vendor to retrieve the item associated to the #vendor item number you enter in the second item number field

HTH

From what I have been reading, I understood an Address Number is not required. The association starts with the item number being entered into the PO and if the Cross Reference Address Number matches the vendor in the PO, that will be shown as an option.

Hmmmm .. any ideas on how to:
- have one JDE part number
- reference different manufacturers that are not in the AB for that part
- info be available to select for print outs, WOs, pick slips and screen inquiries

One other option I have found is the Memo Lot fields, but we do not assign lot/serial on every item.

~Kelli

[ QUOTE ]
I am learning how to use item cross reference, but am getting an error with the Substitute Items in procurement. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this or if it works.

#1 We use and sell valves that come from many different manufacturers.
#2 Some customers may want a specific manufacturer only.
#3 We want to keep only one item in the system for a specific valve configuration.
#4 If we need to specify a specific manufacturer, I thought we could use the Substitute Items in procurement to print which manufacturer and their part number, but still maintain our item number and description on the order.

Problem: I have set up an item cross reference using P4104 (no address #, just vendor number and description, type S or type M).
When trying to access the Substitute Items in procurement, the error is:
"Item Branch Record Does Not Exist - A form level error has occurred. CAUSE. . An Item Branch record (F4102) does not exist for this item in the Branch/Plant specified. RESOLUTION . . Correct the Branch or enter an Item Branch record for this item in Branch Plant Item Information (P41026).

--> The item IS in the item branch, F4102. <--

Is there something more I need to do to setup the item cross reference?

Thanks for any help or guidance.
~Kelli

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hi.

You must specify in address number the address number of the vendor, so the system will look atht he cross references from this vendor to retrieve the item associated to the #vendor item number you enter in the second item number field

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Kelli,

In your case the system will validate all substitue item associated with the item. If the substitute item does not have an item branch record, the system will giva an error "Item branch record does not exist".

Create the item branch record for the substitute item.

I thinks this will resolve your issue.Please check and let me know if i am correct.

anksan

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Kelli,

In your case the system will validate all substitue item associated with the item. If the substitute item does not have an item branch record, the system will giva an error "Item branch record does not exist".

Create the item branch record for the substitute item.

I thinks this will resolve your issue.Please check and let me know if i am correct.

anksan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the reply. I too am sure that will fix the problem, but what I have been reading about cross reference items is they do not have to exist in the the JDE database. I believe this may only pertain to certain types of cross reference, such as vendor or manufacturer and excludes replacement and substitutes.

What I am looking for is how to specify a manufacturer for a general part at time of purchase, sales entry, BOM or WO entry. Anyone have any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Cross Reference Item Number:
Enter the cross-reference item number that the system assigns to an item number. A cross-reference number enables you to use a supplier’s item number if it is different from the item number you use when you are processing an order or printing. You set up this number in the Item Cross-Reference
program (P4104).
This item number is not validated against the Item Master table (F4101) because it may or may not be stored in the F4101 table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back