subledger description in FRW

CHo

VIP Member
Hi. I am modifying an existing FRW report (written by someone else). The existing level break is on CO, MCU, OBJ, SUB. The user wants to have a level break on the subledger. When I do that, the subledger description shows as boxes. If I take off the financial description check box, then the account description won't print.

Is there a way of obtaining the subledger description?

As you discovered, you must leave the Financial Descriptions check box on to get account descriptions.

You didn't say what the description should be. You have to be careful when printing subledger descriptions, because the same value can have different descriptions depending on the subledger type. For example 00001001 could mean ABC Corp if it is an address book number but Desk if it is an equipment number. If you do not sort by subledger type, you will combine the information for both subledgers (ABC Corp and Desk) and label it with one description. I do not know which description will print, but I suspect it will be from the type of either the first or last row that is processed.

If there is any chance that there could be multiple subledger types, you must either: <ul type="square"> [*]Sequence by Subledger Type, then Subledger [*]Add data selection so only one subledger type is included [/list] Also financial reporting sections (tabular sections) only print on level break, so you must level break on both subledger type and subledger.

Why does it print I072999 square square square for structured subledger (S) and 00000632 Legal Department for an address book subledger (A) in the description column?

In other words, why does it print a legitmate description for address book subledger description, but a square for the structured subledger description?

I want to print the structured subledger description.

<ul type="square"> [*]Is Legal Department the alpha or mailing name for AB number 00000632? [*]For a structured subledger the setup for structured subledgers determines the description. [*]How many segments are there for the structured subledgers? I never tested to see what description results if the structured subledger has multiple segments.[*]Sometimes squares come out when there is a problem with the character set. Could the description be a three character French description that the character set cannot print? [*]Try using Trial Balance by Subledger (P09215), enter type S and subledger I072999 to see what comes up as the description. [*]Look up the description of I072999 in the UDC table defined as the first segment of the structured subledger [*] Try to print all or part of the standard report of the UDC table defined as the first segment of the structured subledger[/list]

The P09215 is using BSFN X0909 to go again the F0907 and then UDC table to retrieve the description.

What table is being used to retrieve the description in the FRW?

Will I need to put in code to retrieve the description from UDC table?

FRW uses tabular sections which have a dedicated "Row Description Column". The logic attached to the row description column "knows" how to get the appropriate description. You do not have to attach any special logic or call a BSFN.

Again, to me the squares look like the description has characters that cannot be displayed. Can you display the description in an interactive application?

Here is the final disposition on bug 8263964.

The BSFN X0909 fetches description based on the subledger value and subledger type. For S subledger type, the table F0005 is used to fetch the description. The fetch from table F0005 fails because the subledger value being passed from the UBE to the BSFN is not formatted. Before calling the X0909, Format the subledger value by using 'rtrim' system function. This will resolve the issue.
This is not an issue with X0909 or the UBE design.

----------------------------------------------------
I had response line create a sample UBE with the above code. They are also getting boxes printing beside the S Subledger field. There is no way to suppress the boxes. It is functioning as designed.

Back