Stock aging report - Functional specification

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!
I am writing a functional specification for a stock aging report (30-days buckets) i.e F41021 vs. item ledger to analyze how old the stock is. I have a good idea how this should be done (read F41021 and start bulding buckets based on F4111 until the total of F4111 records read is same as the on-hand qty)
However, if someone has already done this excercise and is willing to share the functional/technical specification, i would be more than happy to receive a copy instead of writing this from scratch :)

We're on E9
Thanks
/Aarto

You may want to consider to use the Balance Foward quantities from previous years from the F41112 As Of file. This will help you two ways: 1) it will make sure your program will run more efficient as the F4111 gets bigger and 2) if they decide in the future to delete old records from the cardex they can. This is the main purpose of the As Of file and the integrity report that compares the Cardex to the F41021 also uses this logic.

Below is the Cheap Seats LIFO method I did for a Crystal Report:

"Inventory aging is calculated based on the date of the last receipt of inventory into a location. So if there is a Qty of 100 in location XYZ for item X and the last receipt of item X into that location was 45 days ago for a qty of 10 then all 100 of item X in that location is assumed to be 45 days old.
If item inventory was transferred into a location from another then the assumed date of manufacture/purchase of the item in that location for aging purposes is the last receipt date of the item regardless of location. "

Attachments

• Aging.JPG
    Aging.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 14
Back