SSN Validation third party plug in

aditya1234

One of my clients is looking for SSN validation solution. They want to verify that SSN provided in AB record is correct/existing SSN.
Are there any third party solutions available for this? or can this be done by JDE business functions. We are already using bsfns to validate and scrub 9 digit tax id but it can be any nin digit unique number.

Take a look at tincheck.com. We are currently implementing a solution using outbound web services.

Hi,

If you want to validate format for SSN, find out the latest rules. i.e.

• The Social Security number is a nine-digit number in the format "AAA-GG-SSSS". The number is divided into three parts.
  • The middle two digits are the Group Number. The Group Numbers range from 01 to 99.
  • The last four digits are Serial Numbers. They represent a straight numerical sequence of digits from 0001 to 9999 within the group.
  • Some special numbers are never allocated:
    • Numbers with all zeros in any digit group (000-##-####, ###-00-####, ###-##-0000).
    • Numbers with 666 or 900-999 (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) in the first digit group.
If you want to make sure that a paticular number is registered with Social Security Administration, then you need find out a third party vendor that can provide you with the libraries to the check on-line, real-time. This solution is more involved since you have write an interface. Good Luck

Thanks! yes, I am already using the vaildations you mentioned but they want something more specific. There is also scrub tax id business function which removes any extra characters from tax id and makes sure its numeric and of given length.

Back