Split sales order lines - manual adv. price adjustments

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi!

We have a need to programmatically split sales order lines into multiple shipped lines or shipped/cancelled lines in (line splits are performed in an external WH system when committing against multiple locations

When an order line is shipped against 2 or more lines in external warehouse system, it needs to be split in JDE into same number of lines as well. furthermore, we need to use same line numbers as are created from external WH system

This all works fine if we write (A)dd, (D) Cancel (C) change transations in F47132 and run R47131 to update the sales order but if there are any manual advanced price adjustments in F4074 against the original line, these will (naturally) not follow to the new line that is created by the (A)dd message

I'm looking for a way to somehow copy the price adjustments in F4074 from the original line to the new line. Hopefully someone has done something similar before and can point me in the right direction?
Possibly there is a Bsfn for this already (as blanket orders and credit memo functionality already does something similar)

E1 9.0 Tools 9.0

Thanks
/Aarto

If you dont need to split the lines in jdeCache (in other words split in cache with option to save/cancel) you can use AdvancedSODetailLineSplit (B4200450).

The function that BOster cites is used in R42520 and P4205 which can split lines and do copy the adjustments. I dont believe you have control over the newly created line number though, it should be something like x.y where x was the original line number, and the line x.0 always stays.

As for credit memos or blanket orders I do not think they will copy manual adjustements, but rather force unit price to the net price from original order (so the price is "overriden")

Hehe! Turns out the solution is real simple..
We're calling EditLine to add the new line(s) and just pass in the original line to the Bsfn and it copies the adjustments over

Life is good :)

Back