• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Specs on Server

jgersic

Reputable Poster
I have a new issue that I thought I would bounce off the group. I had a report that 'went bad' in production, it looked like the specs for the report on the enterprise server were not good as the report runs perfectly fine locally. I checked out the template/version to the client, re-ran it locally, ok. Ran it on the server, bad. I created a server update package, deployed, retested, still bad on the server. There were no issues with the package build that I can see, and all of the spec files that should have been updated have the new date/time stamp of the latest deployment.
I would think that after a deployment, those specs should have gotten replaced/fixed with the merge, but could the entire spec files associated with this report be suspect? Should I rebuild the specs and tamftp them up, or are there any other ideas?

John
eGlobe, Inc.

B733.2 SP14.1, NT/SP6a, SQL7/SP3

adri_valentim

Reputable Poster
Hi John,

Just redeploy the last full package if it is not too old or rebuild a full.
I just had the spec problem on the enterprise, it happen because one client
machine was still at 11.3. So, everytime he submitted a job, he corrupted
the specs.

ADRIAN VALENTIM

Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
John,
Although I am not a CNC administrator but I know by our experiences that the best and safest way is to build end deploy a full package after you have detected such type of error with spec corruption.
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)