Software Protection Environment Error 3412

G_Smith

G_Smith

Well Known Member
Working with JD Edwards World Software for the past 10 years and had never seen the Software Protection Environment Error, 3412. Well we have had it occur twice this week already (Tuesday evening and Thursday evening).

We are told that the Software License Manager User Indexes have been corrupted. Of course you have to get everyone off the system to unlock the user indexes (JDE_IDX_1 thru JDE_IDX_6) then delete the first four and run a job (J98802JQ) to rebuild them. We already run that job weekly when we IPL and restart QBATCH (per JDE suggestion).

A week ago we started using the DoveTree Canyon Software to interface to some warehouse carousel mangement equipment. There seems to be several "READ operations failed on JDE_IDX_4" being logged to the Software License Manager Audit now and the majority are from the user profile running the new software. Of course until we started having this problem we didn't know if we had any of these errors or not. Seems after an x number of errors the User Index takes one too many hits and gets corrupted.

Has anyone else seen a similar problem? Of course the SLM Software is protected and without source code so we can't tell what is happening to the User Index or why. Then the interface software is provided by a third party company that doesn't seem very AS400 system literate.

Thanks.

Is it possible you can clone the JDE SLM indexes and configure the new software to use those files instead of the production JDE indexes?

To follow up on the resolution to the 3412 Error that was effectively shutting us down, the new process that was implemented by the software interface was ending the job instead of signing off. The effect of ending the job was causing the session to corrupt the user indexes more than normal.We had the company add a sign off to the process and we have not had an lock out since.

Usually about 3-4 errors will be logged per day and those seem to be due to the use of the Group Job Function in conjuction with the color of the user's eyes (just joking about the eyes), but we cannot force the failure to happen with enough regularity to help Oracle determine if it can be fixed.

I know this four years old, but we just used the information to solve our problems, and I wanted to add to it, in case anyone else was looking for information.

Oracle support has the following document (doc # 634609.1) with the following instructions on how to perform the index rebuild:

1. Sign on as QSECOFR.
2. Ensure all users are signed off from World Software.
3. Note libraries of your production library list - oejcts, data, common and security (if any).
4. To prevent users accessing software consider renaming P00MENU as P00MENUX for the duration of the reset task.
5. Use WRKOBJLCK OBJ(QGPL/JDE_IDX_1) OBJTYPE(*USRIDX) - if locks exist ensure users jobs signed off or terminated.
6. WRKOBJ QGPL/JDE_IDX_*
Delete the indexes 1 thru 4 with a selection option 4 (leave indexes 5 and 6 intact).
7. SBMJOB (F4)
Command = CALL (F4)
Program = J98802JQ in library JDFOBJ (may be found elsewhere in non standard installs).
Press enter once to access previous level.
Page down twice to Initial Library List parameter, enter a plus '+' in place of the *CURRENT - press enter.
Enter the following - QTEMP, object library, common library, data library, security library, QGPL.
8. Press enter twice and job will be submitted.
9. WRKSBMJOB *JOB
Job should run without critical errors. See joblog if there is a problem (most common is the program being in another library)
10. WRKOBJ QGPL/JDE_IDX_* are the indexes 1 thruogh 4 present again ?
11. Rename P00MENUX back as P00MENU.
12. Log on as World user and test system. Access to any menu option implies successful resolution.

Hope that helps somebody!

Everyone knows to run the PGM J98802JQ, but the part everyone forgets to do is re-load the libraries. First things first:

1. First you have to sign off then sign on as QSECOFR. Now you have to make sure everyone is logged off the system to unlock the libraries. You can ask everyone to log off or you can do it for them. Run the command "WRKACTJOB" or "WRKACTJOB SBS (QINTER)" and locate everyone logged on by paging down a few screens depending on how many users are using the system.

2. After you have averyone logged off you need to re-load the libraries. These can be in any order but the command is "CHGLIBL LIBL(QGPL CLTCOM CLTDTA CLTSEC JDFOBJ)". Make sure you use spaces in between the libraries and not commas or anything else or the library list wont load and you'll get an error.

3. Now comes the part where you load the program that initializes the libraries for the current session. Run "SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(J98802JQ)). The spacing and everything is important here so make sure you copy exactly as it's written.

I've been working with the AS/400 and JD Edwards for about 6 years now because my company uses it to run our manufacturing facility. This system is by far the most rock solid system i've ever worked with. It has a DOS style interface and you use client access software to connect to it so if you're looking for a windows style interface with buttons and fields you're out of luck!
smile.gif
Also writing customer reports is fairly simple if you know and understand SQL queries and commands. If so then you'll have no problem at all writing any customer report in the world you can dream of. Take it from me! It took me almost 3 months to implement the system in our facility and i've written over 830 custom menus and entry screens and reports. The system is 100% custamizable but you just have to be able to speak the language!
smile.gif
I call it JDENGLISH!
smile.gif

Let me know if you have any questions. Im here to help!

Back