So Long and Thanks for All The Help

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

Unfortunately, the time has come to move on. The University is moving to Oracle (Storm) Cloud ERP and discontinuing use of JDE.

Over the past 16½ years I have learned a lot and gained a great amount of help and assistance from JDEList. I hope I have helped a few along the way. I have come in contact with some brilliant people on JDElist. A big thankyou to Eric for creating this site.

JDE has been an excellent package, but not without it's problems. I'm sure that as long as Oracle continue to develop it, it will continue to be an excellent package. I have been working with JDE for the majority of my working life and have enjoyed it most of them. So this is a big change for me too.

I'll still remain a member, though I'm ceasing watching any forums except this one (Off Topic/Help).

I'll always wonder what happened to Zoltan_Gyimesi.

Thanks everyone,
Peter

Peter, you have been a valuable resource here and will be missed. I wish you all the best moving forward and am quite sure you will be just as successful.

warm regards,
Craig

Peter,

Thank you for all your contributions to the JDE community over these many years. I hope your next journey proves to be a good one for you, too.

Cheers!
Don

Peter,

Sorry to see you go! You certanly helped to drive some of JDELIST's enhancements that are useful to the JDELIST community. Best of luck going forward!

Eric

It's been a pleasure Peter! I haven't been a frequent contributor, but I have used your help on many occasions just by reading your questions, answers and posts. Thank you for the help and good luck in the future!
Mike

Thank you very much for your replies, they were a big surprise and a very pleasant one! I'm glad it was a two-way benefit.

I also hope I was able to "teach them how to fish".

For the record my bio is:

Started (working) Life as an Accountant & continued one way or other for 11 yrs.
Then JDE Admin/CNC/Developer etc.:
4 yrs with JD Edwards EnterpriseWorld (JDE World) (1995-1998)
22 yrs with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (JDE OneWorld) (1998-2020)
including 16½ years (since January 2004) on JDEList
From 2020 Oracle (Storm) Cloud ERP

I'll still lurk here from time to time.

All the best to you all. It has been a privilege and a pleasure.:)

JDEList,

After 37 years of work, almost 26 years at the University of Wollongong and 25 of them working with JDE, I am going to retire.

Like a lot of organisations the University of Wollongong has been hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic. This has resulted in a number of positions being sinficantly changed or removed all together. My position was included. So I took the opportunity to retire. My last day of work is this Friday 7th May 2021.

I'm look forward to retirement :). I'll still lurk on JDEList every now and then. May be even add my AUD 0.02 worth.

All the best to everyone. It has indeed been a privilege and a pleasure. 🎉🎉

JDEList,

After 37 years of work, almost 26 years at the University of Wollongong and 25 of them working with JDE, I am going to retire.

Like a lot of organisations the University of Wollongong has been hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic. This has resulted in a number of positions being sinficantly changed or removed all together. My position was included. So I took the opportunity to retire. My last day of work is this Friday 7th May 2021.

I'm look forward to retirement :). I'll still lurk on JDEList every now and then. May be even add my AUD 0.02 worth.

All the the best in this new chapter Peter, JDEList.com will always have a place for you. 26 years at the same company is quite the accomplishment.

I am divided between sadness of your position being eliminated and the luck you have to finally retire :cool:

May the 4th be with you !

Peter,

How fortunate you have been to enjoy your many years at the university, and how fortunate we all have been to have you share your expertise and insights with the JDE community. I wish you all the best in your retirement - may it be a long and fulfilling one, and yes, you're always welcome to stop by JDEList! Wishing you all the best!

LOL. Went to respond and noticed I already responded... last year. Did you re-retire or did the original retirement not take?

Hi Brian,

The first post in this thread was about my employer not using JDE anymore and thus I would not be as active on JDEList. My post yesterday was about my retirement. I hope that clears up the confusion.

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on your retirement. You are truly a Legendary Poster. You will be missed.

Eric

Hi Brian,

The first post in this thread was about my employer not using JDE anymore and thus I would not be as active on JDEList. My post yesterday was about my retirement. I hope that clears up the confusion.
Sorry, it was clear I just mis-read the earlier post when I looked back through the thread. Well I hope you enjoy your retirement and again thanks for all your contributions to jdelist.

JDEList,

HI Peter.
Thanks for your help and shared wisdom all of these years.
Have an excellent retirement.

Wow Peter! I trust retirement is just the start of a great adventure - or at least a comfortable couch ;)
Thanks again for all your contributions and words of wisdom.

Best of Luck!

Back