SM management console not connecting with agents

dshirtliff

JDE 9.1, tools 9.1.3
Management console running on Windows Server 2008 R2, same server as the Deployment Server.
Enterprise, Database, Web servers all set up via Oracle's VM templates, running in a Linux environment (OEL, I assume).
Server Manager version 9.1.3

The agent logs look okay, I'm getting this when I start up:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Sep 25, 2013 10:09:18 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.Server startListener
FINE: Starting the management agent listener on port '14505'.
Sep 25, 2013 10:09:18 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.Server startListener
FINE: Attempting to start the local management agent listener on port 14505
Sep 25, 2013 10:09:18 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.E1Agent$UpdateAgentThread run
FINE: Download the agent update file using the source 'http://managementConsole:8999/manage/scfagent/scfagent.jar' to update the python scripts.
Sep 25, 2013 10:09:18 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.Server startListener
INFO: Succesfully started the management agent listener on port 14505
</pre><hr />
It even successfully downloaded the agent update file and successfully updated.

The servers aren't showing up in the Management console, though.
The logs for the management console look like this:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> FINER: Received heartbeat from the remote management agent on localhost.localdomain listening on port 14,504 of type 4 (EMBEDDED_AGENT) in managed home /u01/jdedwards/jde_home/SCFHA
Sep 25, 2013 9:42:46 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.Server$ClientConnection register
FINER: Received heartbeat from the remote management agent on localhost.localdomain listening on port 14,505 of type 2 (STANDALONE_AGENT) in managed home /u01/jdedwards/jde_home/SCFHA
Sep 25, 2013 9:42:46 AM com.jdedwards.mgmt.agent.Server$ClientConnection register
FINE: Attemping to establish a connection from the management console to the remote agent 'localhost.localdomain' on port 14505.
FINE: Failed to establish a connection from the management console to the remote agent 'localhost.localdomain' on port 14505. Will retry again when the next heartbeat is received from the remote agent.
java.net.UnknownHostException: localhost.localdomain
</pre><hr />
It's not getting a proper hostname for the servers the agents are running on, it's only using localhost.localdomain.

I've checked the agent.properties, which seems to be correct.
I tried changing the flag in the oraparams.ini during the agent installer to always ask for a hostname.

I've never set up Server Manager before.
Is there some configuration for the Management Console that I missed?
Is there somewhere else that there would be settings to change to get the Management Console to recognize the other servers?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

check your firewall setting on console as well as on your linux servers (where agent is running)

Back