Slow Performance on XML Publishing

2nicholas

2nicholas

Hi all,

We have just migrated our JDE9.1 E1 to Cloud since May 2020. Everything seems running fine until one or 2 months ago when we observed sudden serious degraded performance on BI Publisher reports. The first part for ERW to produce XML output seem ok. However, when system trying to publish, it seems taking 30-60 mins to complete. Because of this degraded, many BI Publisher jobs are hung in WX - Waiting for Publish mode. We have configured to allow system to handle max 30 BIP jobs concurrently but the bottleneck seem in XML Publishing mode.

I wonder if anyone of you have experienced that before. What are the areas to look out for?

All input are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,
Nicholas

If it's an old tools version, there was a code change I needed on the xmlp kernel at a client because basically the kernel would never sleep long enough and jobs would just sit there for a very long time before processing would magically just start and everything would finish. Im not remembering fully as it was a while back, but I think the problem was that there was some sort of pinging the kernel received that never allowed it to be in idle state to reset the timer to run the table poll. I was able to get a POC, so you may want to look in to that.

Just to add on, system seem taking some time to generate PDF output.
1600693919497.png

When view in Delivery, it took almost 8 mins to create first delivery record.
1600694280874.png

Any idea what to check on the delay?

Thanks in advance for your input.

You could have 2 issues.

Here's the bug I had -
This issue is caused due to defect in tools release and is reported under the BUG 24908055 and Bug 24909217 - EXTERNAL PINGER PROCESS CAUSES XMLP JOBS STAY AT WX FOREVER.

You may also want to clear some old UBE's output from the RD Jobs tables. I've also seen where those fill up where these processes can suffer.

Just to add on, system seem taking some time to generate PDF output.
View attachment 18925

When view in Delivery, it took almost 8 mins to create first delivery record.
View attachment 18926

Any idea what to check on the delay?

Thanks in advance for your input.
You could have 2 issues.

Here's the bug I had -
This issue is caused due to defect in tools release and is reported under the BUG 24908055 and Bug 24909217 - EXTERNAL PINGER PROCESS CAUSES XMLP JOBS STAY AT WX FOREVER.

You may also want to clear some old UBE's output from the RD Jobs tables. I've also seen where those fill up where these processes can suffer.

Hi TFZ,

What I noticed was those WX status were all changed to X and processed completed. Just that it took 60-90 min especially for those will 30 plus PDF output. Anyway, will take a look at both BUG documents.

For RD Jobs tables, what exactly the table name? F95630?

Just quick update. We manage to resolve the issue. The degraded is caused by Printer option which we did not uncheck.
1602519978704.png
We are not directing the printout to Printer. The printer path is dummy setting configured during setup. When we run our 9.1 on Premises, this seemed no issue. However, when we move our 9.1 to Cloud, this had caused the issue. As a workaround, we have unchecked Printer option in all our BI Publisher Reports and the performance is resume back as per normal.
1602520213529.png

Thanks again for those who have shared your experienced in this forum.

Back