Signature on A/P Check

rlevesque

Does anyone out there have any information regarding printing a signature on the JDE A/P Check(P04572)program? Our current need to to have the signature print on the check as the check is being printed from the JDE system. Our A/P checks are pre-printed from our supplier with the appropriate logo, MICRs, etc. All we need is the signature to be added. The checks are printed on an HP Laserjet 5P printer. I realize there are software vendors that provide the entire laser printing of the check including the logo, MICRs, etc. Because we have a large supply of pre-printed checks, we only need the signature added to the printing process. Eventually, we will be producing the entire check through the laser printing operation on blank check stock.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronald J. Levesque

Ronald Levesque
MIS Director
A7.3 Cume 9

We use OPTIO for our check printing. You could have it print the output
queue and a signature on your current check stock and when it runs out go to
plain paper and design your own check.

Good luck

If your printers have an external card on which you store objects like
signatures, your printer vendor can assist you with the scripting needed to
overlay the signature on the print stock as the checks print.

Your question: Does anyone out there have any information regarding printing
a signature on the JDE A/P Check(P04572)program? Our current need to to
have the signature print on the check as the check is being printed from the
JDE system.

Ronald,
I don't think there is anyway to get the signature on pre-printed checks
without going through forms software and merging the JDE check spool file
with the signature. Basically you would be doing a bit less work that when
you switch to full laser printing, since the pre-printed checks already have
the logos and MICR on them already. Of course the pre-printed checks are
probably continuous feed, so running them through the laser printer would be
yucky. Maybe you can save these pre-printed checks for pre-payments/quick
payments?

John Dickey
White-Rodgers IS

We have done exactly the same thing. I called IBM and then sent them the signature on paper. (There are rules for size and placement.) They scanned it and created a page segment. If you have AFP installed, you can do this yourself, but we don't and for a one-time shot, this way was cheaper and easier.

We received a tape from IBM with the appropriate files, which are then installed into a library on the 400. It was then a matter of inserting one line of code into the DDS for the print file to have the signature print.

It was so easy I couldn't believe it. I looked up the documentation and there is a phone number for the IBM Application Solutions Group - 303-924-6700. I guess you could start there.

These are the lines in the prtf.
A*
A R SPECSIG
A OVERLAY(MMD119/O1MMD30A 9.7 5.3)

MMD119 is the library and 01MMD30A is the file. The 9.7 and 5.3 refer to placement on the page.

Bonnie

Bonita L. Williams
Coordinator of Information Services
Community Consolidated School District 15
580 N. First Bank Drive
Palatine IL 60067
Voice: (847) 963-3054
Fax: (847) 963-3061
E-mail: [email protected]

Does anyone out there have any information regarding printing a signature on the JDE A/P Check(P04572)program? Our current need to to have the signature print on the check as the check is being printed from the JDE system. Our A/P checks are pre-printed from our supplier with the appropriate logo, MICRs, etc. All we need is the signature to be added. The checks are printed on an HP Laserjet 5P printer. I realize there are software vendors that provide the entire laser printing of the check including the logo, MICRs, etc. Because we have a large supply of pre-printed checks, we only need the signature added to the printing process. Eventually, we will be producing the entire check through the laser printing operation on blank check stock.

Thanks,

Ronald J. Levesque

Ronald Levesque
MIS Director
A7.3 Cume 9

--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=W&Number=9793

If you are going to be printing the entire check eventually anyway I would
suggest using a program called Create!Print. I use it here for the entire
check (AP & Payroll) as well as 1099's, and W2's. You can use as much of it
or as little as you need. It's a fairly easy program to use. By having
the program in house already and when you are wanting to start printing the
entire check it can be nothing more than a form name change. They don't
charge you for how many form types you have but rather the number and speed
of the printers you are using.

Steven Trudo
PC Systems Manager
World a8.1 c3

Re: RE: Signature on A/P Check

Create!Print is an excellent product. It relies on PostScript, however, and this might be a concern for some. When I used it a few years ago we were having the occasional glitch in printing using TCP/IP over the network. For SCS prints this would show up as a slight displacement in the odd line position. With Create!Print the same glitch would cause the printer to stop printing the form and spew out pages of PostScript instead.

I would therefore urge people looking for a printing solution to examine all the alternatives - you could well end up with Create!Print anyway. The best of these products I've come across personally is Formscape. It uses NT printing services so there is no PostScript and no additional licence charge per printer.

Dave...

Dave Kahn (World A7.3 cum 10)
=========

You may be able to get away with just creating an overlay with the signature
imbedded and attaching it to the report file via Ovrprtf in the CL while you
"burn up" your existing form stock.

Steps: 1. Get/Install the IBM AFP Printer Driver for your version of
Windows.
2. Build a word document that includes the signature.
3. Print it to file via the AFP Print Driver(output set to
overlay).
4. Upload it to the 400 (no translation!)
5. ovrdbf file lvlchk(*no)
6. crtovl....
7. ovrprtf name devtyp(*afpds) overlay(name...) (you might be able
to chgprtf!)
8. Test and adjust till it prints correctly.
Stans

We have done exactly the same thing. I called IBM and then sent them the signature on paper. (There are rules for size and placement.) They scanned it and created a page segment. If you have AFP installed, you can do this yourself, but we don't and for a one-time shot, this way was cheaper and easier.

We received a tape from IBM with the appropriate files, which are then installed into a library on the 400. It was then a matter of inserting one line of code into the DDS for the print file to have the signature print.

It was so easy I couldn't believe it. I looked up the documentation and there is a phone number for the IBM Application Solutions Group - 303-924-6700. I guess you could start there.

These are the lines in the prtf.
A*
A R SPECSIG
A OVERLAY(MMD119/O1MMD30A 9.7 5.3)

MMD119 is the library and 01MMD30A is the file. The 9.7 and 5.3 refer to placement on the page.

Bonnie

Bonita L. Williams
Coordinator of Information Services
Community Consolidated School District 15
580 N. First Bank Drive
Palatine IL 60067
Voice: (847) 963-3054
Fax: (847) 963-3061
E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks,

Ronald J. Levesque

Ronald Levesque
MIS Director
A7.3 Cume 9

--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=W&Number=9793

Back