Ship Confirmation - record lock??

Jamie_Yates

Hi List

I have modified the ship confirmation program P4205 to "kick off" 2 reports to update the F4211 (and print results). The problem it the sometimes the ship date and statuses are not changed (although most of the time it runs OK).
I was thinking that the reports that are running are locking the F4211 when the P4205 was trying to update it (depending on how long the reports are queueing for.)

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this happening.
Would running the reports using transaction processing stop this. (it is very difficult to test since it works 99% of the time)

Would turning off transaction processing in the MBF work?

The reports are running on the post button clicked event of the add button on form W4205D.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Jamie

Jamie,

I assume you mean the OK button of W4205D. In that case you might try unchecking the Run Process Asynchronously checkbox. This will make sure that all records are updated to the F4211 before your UBE tries to process them.

Barry

Hi Jamie,
There is a white paper regarding the record locking issue for Ship confirm application(P4205). It clearly explains what steps needs to be taken to avoid this problem. White paper # is ODS-01-0043.

Try this. Hope this will help.

Regards,
Alex

Back