Ship Confirm thru BSSV

Chan Rana

Chan Rana

Legendary Poster
Has anybody in list designed or worked on Ship Confirm thru Business service?. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chan

For commercial reasons we can't really share what we've done on here but suffice to say it is as complicated as it looks and have fun with the caches. Make sure you test thoroughly because even when it looks like it is working it's not. You'll likely want to wrap everything up as an NER rather than trying to manage the entire process in a BSSV.

Russell,
Yes I believe it would be complicated(that the reason I see Oracle hasn't come up with Standard one for it) as we will have to sync the SOs before we do actual ship confirm so it goes thru smoothly. We don't use Transportation so it shouldn't be that complicated. When you say cache did you have to build custom cache? as I feel I wont need it currently unless it comes when I do some POC thru BSSV. If you can just point some highlights would be good. Yes I am going to wrap it in NER.

Chan

You may want to look at ND3N4205.dcLINKShipmentConfirmation if it's available. I know it's a DSI function but not sure if it comes with the base install of you need an ASU. Anyway it's a NER ship confirm wrapper.

Craig

Would you not want to look at AIS for these more complicated transactions ? I would assume you could wrap the entire Ship Order Confirmation application through REST/JSON. I think theres already a mobile application set up for ship confirmation - so you should be able to hijack that to work for your process. Certainly thats the advantage of AIS - the ability to take a complete, interactive process and wrap it so that you can make it a service...

Craig I did find this wrapper so would be very useful, thanks for point it.

Jon I haven't dived into AIS yet but will have a look to check if that fits us.

Thanks,
Chan

Looks like we need to configure separate AIS server to deal with the request which we don't have currently.

If you all ready have the infrastructure in place to make BSSV calls, why not just create a BSSV wrapper for the BSFN that Craig mentioned. We ship confirm with an external system as well but use XMLCallObject.

Brain,
Well I can build the wrapper that's not an issue. Function what Craig mentioned works good on/only for giving Sales doc input and order line extracted from F4211. The scenarios what I have is more like EDI where ship confirm (lines) comes in which can have change in qty, lines,UOM etc. Just ship confirm MBFs won't work due to mismatch with sales order. I am not sure how you are performing Ship confirm might be straight match with order or you read Sales line and do Ship confirm on it else it wont work.

We are using a custom function, but only because I didn't find the function that Craig referenced until after the fact - had I known about it at the time I would have used it. And yes, for this application it is very simple - we simply confirm individual shipments. If you need to disposition, etc. you would probably have to create your own BSFN that can handle those types of variations and then wrapper that in a BSSV.

We created custom shipment confirmation bssv based on custom shipment confirmation ube .
The whole process is managed through bssv which is easy to develop and debug.
It is just a sequence of calls to

F42UI05EditLine
ShipConfirmEditDoc
ShipConfirmEndDoc
F42UI05DeleteCache

Works fine if number of lines to confirm is less that 800.
We are having same problems mentioned by Russel in custom ube and bssv.
UBE/BSSV work well on transactions with less than 800 lines to ship confirm.
If number of lines exceeds 800 ube and bssv fail to process transactions.
We found that kernel crashes (probably because of the memory leak) and the cache related issues are to blame.
I never have had time (and desire) to dive into that cache / memory leak abyss, just tying to keep number of lines less than our "magic number".

Hope this helps

Ditto what Craig has said about ND3N4205

We use here in scripts called from a barcode scanner. Makes no difference how it's invoked, it will do the same thing. Ship confirm an order :)

I've since written my own wrapper (not BSSV) over F4211 to be keyed on a line, SHPN, Load ID etc. ND3N4205 works like a charm

Ditto what Craig has said about ND3N4205

As people are mentioning this function on a public forum just be aware of the copyright/licensing implications of using it or a derivative of it as the objects and code belong to DSI. This is especially true if you're an SI doing enhancements for a customer...

Agreed. I've only used it at a client that implements DSI, and then it was called via a wrapper. I thought I heard that future releases of E1 will not include the functions and that they must be installed via an ASU.

Anyway, I mentioned said function as reference to how ship confirm can be accomplished through an NER.

Also, there is Batch Ship Confirm (R42500->R47032).

Craig

Thanks guys for all the info. My need is more of what Sergii has done thru BSSV.

Thanks for all the help

Chan

We created custom shipment confirmation bssv based on custom shipment confirmation ube .
The whole process is managed through bssv which is easy to develop and debug.
It is just a sequence of calls to

F42UI05EditLine
ShipConfirmEditDoc
ShipConfirmEndDoc
F42UI05DeleteCache

Works fine if number of lines to confirm is less that 800.
We are having same problems mentioned by Russel in custom ube and bssv.
UBE/BSSV work well on transactions with less than 800 lines to ship confirm.
If number of lines exceeds 800 ube and bssv fail to process transactions.
We found that kernel crashes (probably because of the memory leak) and the cache related issues are to blame.
I never have had time (and desire) to dive into that cache / memory leak abyss, just tying to keep number of lines less than our "magic number".

Hope this helps

Yes my current design matches with what you have described. Was there any need to use custom cache or the normal MBF cache would be enough?. I will PM you with some question if need be.

Thanks,
Chan

Hi Sergii,

yes, i test the BSFN through JDE Object Browser with the same parameters and its working .
i will deploy it on PY environment i will tell you if its working on server

Thanks a lot, :)

Back