Set Grid Font resets the grid cell error highligts

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEListers,

This time on XE SP 23.

I just noticed, that Set Grid Font grid system function resets the grid cell error highlights.

Does anybody any idea, work-around, how to prevent this?
I already tried everything, which came in my mind - but without succes
frown.gif

NOTE: not the back ground color will be reset, just the grid cell error highligts. For example if I set the back groun color to yellow and I have error on a cell, then it will be red. When I issue the Set Grid Font, then the red highlight disappears and the background reamins yellow.

I strongly want to use this system function to indicate the combinations of 3 attributes of a row for the user. The scenario:
- Qualified / Not Qualified > Bold / Normal
- if qualified, the: Ready / Disapproved / Rejected > Black / Gray / Blue
- Include calculation or not > Not striked-out / Striked-out

#1:
Indicating this in the row header bitmap is not a solution (a: too few available and meaningless bitmaps, b: it is already used for other)

#2:
Issueing the errors after Set Grid Font also not a solution.
Several indepent event and others can set grid cell errors, including Edit Rule and/or Allow Blank Entry attribute of the Data Item behind the cells and/or Required Entry attribute of the cells.

#3:
Playing with Set Grid Color is also not a solution.
It also clears the highlights (I've already tried a lot of combination)

Please, suggest me a solution or work-around!

All of your input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Zoltán

Zoltan, I can't reproduce it. I forced an error and then call the Set Grid Font as you say but the error highlight is still there.
How do you do it?

Hi Santucho,

Q0.) What is your release and SP level?
On my affected site XE SP 23.

Q1.) Have you set the error and grid font in the same event?

If yes, then try to issue them in different event of different control.

In my case, the errors are set in the Column Exited... events (e.g. invalid UDC, Address Number, etc.) and in the Row Exited... events.

User has many HC Menu items, which can change the "attributes" of the selected rows and I would like to indicate the current attribute combinations in the events of this HC, changing the grid font.

Please, try to issue the error in on of the column or row exited event and change the font in an event of a non grid related control (e.g. HC or Edit Control). Thanks.

Readyou again & Regards,

Zoltán

Hi, Zoltan, it's truth, in that event that function clear the highlighted error, I put it in another event.
I could reproduce it, it's weird, I'll try to reseach if there is a work around.
OW XE SP23 Update 8

Back