Set Form Title & Modeless Form InterConnect

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Forum/List,

As you very well know, you can not override Form Titles in the Vocabulary Override application. Since I develop our custom applications using English language but we translate them to our Hungarian language with Vocabulary Override application,so the Form Titles remain untranslated.

I figured out a little trick. I store the Form Title in a Text Variable which is translatable in Vocabulary Override application and I use the Set Form Title system function with this variable in my Dialog Is Initialized event, so we can translate Form Titles by this way translating the Text Variable and it works fine, but one problem remained for me.

When I use "Modeless" Form Interconnect then the Forms appear as Tabs with their Tab Names at the bottom of the window. These Tab Names containe the original Form Names instead of the overriden ones set by Set Form Title system function.

Has anybody faced with this previously?
Is it possible to override these Tab Names?
Could it be an SP level dependent issue?

Up to now, I haven't found any documentation on the Knowledge Garden searching for "Set Form Title".

Any help, information will be appreciated!

The platform this time is : XE SP 15.1

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Zoltan,

Sorry, I have no answer to your question, but I like the solution to problem, at least for "Mode" Formes. I work in multi-lingual environments all the time, and this is something we have just put up with until now. I was not even aware of the "Set Form Title" system function.
So thanks for the tip, as I will now add that to my development standards.

Regards,
David

Back